Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Pre-War Dual Side Mount Packard ???
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Don't know what year or model. Just found this video of what looks like a decent Packard with dual Side Mounts for sale.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lX7S83Y09Ls?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lX7S83Y09Ls?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Can you identify the Year and Model? Looks like a decent project.

Here is info from the Video:

mlavin73 | October 08, 2010

This is a video of Doug Hull's Packard thats for sale. Not sure of the details but he can be reached at 201-230-3300

I am very bad at pre-war identification, but my guess is 1939-1940 Packard twin 6 limousine?

Posted on: 2010/10/11 22:19
 Top  Print 

Re: Pre-War Dual Side Mount Packard ???
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Martin OToole
See User information
While I would not hold myself out as any expert, but it looks like a 1940 160 extended wheelbase - possibly a seven passenger touring sedan? I base this on the window cranks for the back windows which pivot out on the shorter wheel base. The hood ornament appears to be the 160 instead of the 180. So, guess a body style of 1371?

Of course, it could be the 180 touring car 1351 with a replaced hood ornament?

Martin K. O'Toole
Marietta, Georgia.

Posted on: 2010/10/11 22:31
1940 Model 1807 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Martin OToole
See User information
Opphs. Looked a second time and I will go with the 180. I misread the hood ornament.

MKOT

Posted on: 2010/10/11 22:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I'd vote for a model 1351. 1940 180 Super 8 Seven Passenger Touring Sedan. Lots of daylight in the trunk floor.

Posted on: 2010/10/11 23:36
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
The hood louvers, door handles, dash, and cloisonn? hubcap seen on the floor of the rear compartment say without a doubt 180. A very interesting car. Such a survivor, yet so neglected. The trunk is about par for the course on this series of body, regardless of location the car lived in. Definitely worth saving. Thanks for sharing!

Posted on: 2010/10/12 0:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Yes. I agree that it's the 1940 model 180, equipped with overdrive. It's identical to my car, except without a luggage rack.

I'd like to see the "division", as it looks similar to my car in that it appears to have the ridged back where the jump seats go, but no division window. Many, if not most, of the touring sedans do not have the limousine lower division section, just the jump seats.

More than likely the car was delivered without a luggage rack, as the rear bumper says Packard. On cars with luggage racks, the bumper would be plain-Jane.

Posted on: 2010/10/12 9:49
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
West and his bumper fetish

Posted on: 2010/10/12 12:07
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I can see that the trunk rack was cannibalized. There are 6 bolt holes in the bumper, so the guards can be moved away from the center (without mounting them in that ridiculous looking outer position) and the rack can come down with out hitting the guards. Mine is one of the earliest 40s, sold on announcement day in Aug '39, and there are several differences compared to those built after Feb '40, so I wouldn't rule out that a trunk rack bumper could have a Packard script logo. Also plain is that the license bracket/light fixture was high on the trunk to be above the rack when it's up. The bumper brackets would be longer, too. Fetish or not, there are exceptions, such as contentions about no belt line pin striping.

Posted on: 2010/10/15 18:21
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Martin OToole
See User information
FWIW department. Here's a 1940 1807 rear sans Packard script with trunk rack. It was delivered on November 1, 1939.

Martin K. O'Toole
Marietta, Georgia

Posted on: 2010/10/17 17:56
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Martin OToole
See User information
Opphs failed to attach photo

mkot

Attach file:

jpg  (118.34 KB)
2793_4cbb814680969.jpg 1029X683 px

Posted on: 2010/10/17 18:05
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved