Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 121

Gar, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Aluminum Caribbean Intakes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I can have a run of 10 Caribbean 2X4 intakes made for $900 each, if anyone's interested. If we can get more than 10 sold, the price will probably go down. These will be totally factory in appearance, with factory part #'s, and factory fit. No one will know the difference when they're painted and on the car. It's also possible that I can get them cast with larger bores for larger carbs. Let me know what you think, and I'll see what I can do. If the majority wants "performance" intakes, then I'll try to get that done. Since the price of these are going up like mad, I think that the price is completely reasonable for what you get.

Posted on: 2007/4/2 19:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Aluminum Caribbean Intakes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I guess I should say that this is not an April Fools joke, it's for real.

Posted on: 2007/4/2 21:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Ok gentlemen, I got some more info on the aluminum heads for Packard V8's. We can get them for $2000 a set, that's as low as they can go until there's more sets spoken for. I'd like to buy a set, but I'm not buying 10 of them just to get one set for me. I need some help here people!!

Posted on: 2007/4/3 20:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
NOBODY is interested in these??????

Posted on: 2007/4/10 16:34
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

packpower
See User information
Why dont you see if Kanter will sell your aluminum intakes and heads. Kanters logo is a red hex and blue ring like Packard hubcaps. Kanter has Packard parts in a separate part of the catalog. Kanter has Packard specific catalogs, including one for the 1955-56. Kanter Auto Products, 76 Monroe St, Boonton NJ 07005

Posted on: 2007/7/1 17:01
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dr.Stuart Schaller, PhD
See User information
Something for me to think about, as I am not sure exactly how far I'm going to go with my '56 Patrician.

The motor seems to be in good shape at the moment, but smokes a little (oil smoke on startup, which gets better as the engine gets warm), and as there is a new set of rings, valve cover gaskets, and pan gasket in the trunk; maybe the previous owner was considering a rebuild. Outside of the minor smoke, it runs great though..

I would consider the aluminum heads, two 4bbl intake and carbs, and using a modern cam when the motor needs a rebuild.

More important at the moment is replacing the carpet and door seals, and some minor electrical work (clock and rear defroster don't work) and having the radio rebuilt. I got the power seat to work after fiddling with it for about 3 hours today. It was a bit of a pain, as the switch kept popping out of the socket every time I got the seat surround back in place...

Posted on: 2007/12/30 17:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It'll take 10 sets of each to get the ball rolling, and I haven't found 10 people interested yet, too pricey for them.

Posted on: 2007/12/31 1:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Greetings, Eric,

FWIW, I'd pay $2k for a set of alumium heads in a minute, after I'd seen several sets run for five years or so. The aluminum SBC and SBF heads we take for granted today were nothing but problems when they first were produced. It took many years of pattern refinement, CNC programming and just plain development work to make them the success they are today.

Lionel Stone has had aluminum heads for the Studebaker V8 for sale for $2200 for several years. They have been through at least three iterations to correct problems and are still not taking the much larger Studebaker market by storm.

Looking at it another way, the list of wants starts with a modern camshaft, roller rockers, aluminum intake, front balance damper, pistons and the rest. After we have proven the suspect Packard main bearing webs can take some serious horsepower, then let's talk aluminum heads.

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2008/1/1 15:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
JV wrote: "A Studebaker supplier has had aluminum heads for sale for several years."

The dealer has Al. heads for the Packard V8????

Posted on: 2008/1/1 20:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I think Jack means aluminum Studebaker V8 heads.

Posted on: 2008/1/1 20:31
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved