Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
36 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard Proving Grounds - 2011
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Two events are planned for the PPG this spring.

First, is the Spring Open House schduled for Sunday, May 1, 2011 from 1:00 to 5:00 in the afternoon. This event is free (donations accepted), with tours of the buildings and grounds and an impromptu car show.

Second is the second annual Cars-R-Stars Show on Sunday, June 12, 2011. This event is hosted by a partnership of Motor City Packards, the VMCCA-Detroit and the Packard Motor Car Foundation.http://www.packardmotorfdn.org/

There will also be a large indoor and outdoor swap meet area. An entry fee will be charged.

More details later. I just wanted to get out the dates for your calendar.

Posted on: 2011/1/18 10:26
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Proving Grounds - 2011
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Everyone:

Just thoght I would remind you of the first event to be held at the Packard Proving Grounds this year.

It is the Spring Open House and it will be held on Sunday, May 1 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Attached is a flyer with all the details. Hope to see you there.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 388.97 KB; Hits: 110

Posted on: 2011/3/21 10:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thinking about it, usually I hear about these PG events after they're over, so thanks for the advance notice. I presume those flying in would fly to Detroit? How far from there? Hotels in the area that are convenient and that you'd recommend?

Posted on: 2011/3/21 10:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Flint may be a good alternate airport. The Detroit airport in SE of town, the proving grounds are to the north

Posted on: 2011/3/21 13:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Owen:

Yes, the Flint airport is an alternative, but I would stick with Detroit Metropolitan Airport. It is closer than Flint and has MANY more connections in case you are delayed by weather, etc.

As for a hotel I would suggest the host hotel we used for the 2006 PAC National Meet and we will also be using for the 2013 PAC National Meet. It is the Marriott at Centerpoint, see:http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dtwpo-auburn-hills-marriott-pontiac-at-centerpoint

There is also a Marriott Courtyard and a Marriott Residence Inn next to this hotel if that is more toward your taste.

The Marriott campus of 3 hotels is very close to the nice restaurants and shops of the northern suburbs (Birmingham and Royal Oak) of Detroit and very close to the I-75 and M-59 expressway intersection. To get to the PPG from the hotel you will drive about 10 miles east on M-59 and then go two miles north when you come to Van Dyke Avenue.

If you want to be closer to the PPG, then there is the Hyatt Place Utica, Holiday Inn Express and La Quinta at the intersection of M-59 and the Van Dyke Expressway (about 1 mile east of Van Dyke Avenue). A very nice area, but not with the walkability of B'ham and RO.

ANYONE coming into town for this one-day event should send me a PM and I will make sure you have a good time that weekend.

I hope I do not oversell this as I still want all you guys to attend the PAC National Meeting in 2013.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2011/3/21 18:49
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
As long as Roger is listing the dates, the Fall Open House at PPG is October 16th from 1pm - 5pm.

And for those that don't want to download the flyer, the hours for Cars 'r Stars are 8am- 3pm.

Posted on: 2011/3/21 21:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Just a quick reminder that the Packard Proving Ground is staging their Spring Open House next Sunday, May 1st.

Admittance is FREE, but we appreciate donations

The Johnny Trudell's Big Band will be playing hits from the pre-war era.

Bake Sale

Raffles

Improved food concession

Special Display parking for ANY collector car

Gates open up at 1:00

Attach file:

jpg  (238.14 KB)
436_4db2e3ac9e0ed.jpg 1600X1066 px

Posted on: 2011/4/23 9:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
How about a link that can be pasted into a email so that we can send it to frends. It's somehting called PROMOTION!

EDIT: An NO not a pdf!!!!

Posted on: 2011/4/23 10:08
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Keith,

There is a link to their Site in the first post in this thread.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 16:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
At PackardV8:

Ummmm, Did you see my very first post where I provided a link to the Packard Motor Car Foundation web site????

If you don't want to scroll back, then I will post it again for you.

Link to the Packard Motor Car Foundation website:

http://www.packardmotorfdn.org/

Link to the "FUTURE EVENTS" on the PMCF web site:

http://www.packardmotorfdn.org/Coming%20Events.htm

Link to Motor City Packards web site announcing the event:

http://www.motorcitypackards.com/events_view.php?eventID=104

I don't believe any of this links are in pdf format but you find nearly all the handouts/postings are in pdf in order to maintain print margins and quality.

When you come to one of our events please make it a point to introduce yourself to me.

You're welcome

Posted on: 2011/4/23 16:40
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved