Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 129

Tobs, remi, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How to identify a 1949 Henney...
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
I had come accross a 1949 seven passenger super-8. I was told that it was a Henney. It had a vinyl top and a leather or naugahyde interior.

How can you tell that it is a Henney and not just added and re-upholstered?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted on: 2011/6/17 15:24
 Top  Print   

Re: How to identify a 1949 Henney...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Though Packard contracted with Henney for many years thru 1954 to convert their standard sedans into long wheelbase sedans and limousines, as I recall Henney was too busy with their hearse/ambulance business during 1948-1950 and Packard turned back to Briggs for these conversions. Briggs was Packard's body supplier from 1941 thru 1954 except for those LWB vehicles by Henney and those few speciality vehicles by Mitchell-Bentley. Look on the engine side of the cowl, inboard of the heater box, for a Briggs Body Number. It should also tell you if the vehicle is a 22nd series (1948 thru early 1949) or a 23rd series (later 1949 thru 1950). A Packard titled as a 1949 could be either, and could also be a renumbered 1948 model.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 17:26
 Top  Print   

Re: How to identify a 1949 Henney...
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
I'll have to dig thru my periodicals from the clubs. I could've sworn that I saw a promotional picture showing a 1948 Henney 127in WB. This one also had the vinyl top.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted on: 2011/6/21 21:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved