Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 143

humanpotatohybrid, tuskman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Template for installing rear side fender louvers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I was reading in "the post war" Packard forum a string about, and showing pictures of, louvers on the rear fenders. I have a 24 and 26 series and decided to add louvers to mine. I'm in the process of buying them from another site member. I'm using 3 on each side and though I can somewhat ascertain by looking at the pictures to determine where to locate the louvers, I know there is probably a template "somewhere" showing exactly where to install them. Being a "fuss-budget" I'm asking for any help locating a template. I've been looking at the huge amount of info available here (great job Big Kev) I haven't been able to find any reference. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on: 2011/7/6 15:33
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Re: Template for installing rear side fender louvers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a template and I expect there may also be different ones for different models. There is a drawing for the 200 showing the location for template placement in accessories section, page 13 of 51-4 manual. Possibly there is enough info on the illustration to give an educated guess as to the proper louver locations but unless a template or two happens, it will probably come down to some kind members measuring their cars and posting the results.

Posted on: 2011/7/6 20:09
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Thank you Howard for the direction to look in. Don't-ja just love this web site!!!!!

Regards, Steve.....packardguy53

Posted on: 2011/7/6 21:44
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
paging Kevin or someone with a big scanner..(Todd, you know you are a voyeur) I "just might happen to have" a template. Seems Packard was kind enough to provide with PA louvers...

Posted on: 2011/7/6 21:46
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Big Scanner ready and able. Send paper.....get scans.

Posted on: 2011/7/6 22:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
You are all too kind.....Thank you....

Regards, Steve .......packardguy53

Posted on: 2011/7/7 11:55
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Hello again Packard aficionados, rather than start a new string I'm reviving an older string in the hopes that my new
questions will have the benefit of the previous questions and answers. So, I am now the new owner of 11 SS rear fender louvers (3 per side 2 cars),for my series 24 and 26 Packard's. I am looking to buy one more SS fender louver mildly elongated with the more pointed end, please check your parts cars and boxes in the garage, under the bed etc.

Question one: Does anyone know what the status of the template is for the installation of the rear louvers?

Question two: From what I can ascertain from pictures, it appears that where the louvers are installed on 4 door models there is access to the other side of the fender in order to attach the keepers on the louver studs. Is this correct? Or, are there blind installation spots? (ok, 3 questions).

Posted on: 2011/7/24 17:20
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you bought the NOS louvers, did they come with any clips or retainers? They appear to all be located over the wheel well or door and since instructions say to install the retainer clips from outside, probably all are in the area that is double walled. Door interior panel could probably be removed but lots of effort. Restoration Specialtieshttp://www.restorationspecialties.com/ sells tubular speed nuts probably very much like the ones instructions call for if you need them. Download their catalog and illustrations should be actual size--at least their print catalog is. Just need to make sure the stud size is correct and the end is the open style so the stud can enter to full depth.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.41 KB)
209_4e2ca2bea83a0.jpg 611X527 px

jpg  (29.36 KB)
209_4e2ca2ca3cc66.jpg 381X544 px

jpg  (29.08 KB)
209_4e2ca2d3ab624.jpg 639X585 px

Posted on: 2011/7/24 17:56
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved