Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 108

TxGoat, humanpotatohybrid, kevinpackard, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Dealership post
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Just submitted info and picture for everyone on a dealership. If someone could tell me how to edit the information as I want to add to it. And I have a new scanner if someone can tell me how I might adjust it for a clearer picture. Thanks.

Attach file:

jpg  (13.75 KB)
733_48513755d33d0.jpg 246X155 px

Posted on: 2008/6/12 9:48
 Top  Print 

Re: Dealership post
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Look for a descreening selection somewhere in your scanner software settings; that should greatly reduce the moire pattern.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 10:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
great thanks. Now how can I edit your dealership post section. With new picture and more info.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 11:29
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
did you resize the picture? I have seen that picture before, Noll motors in Pasadena. I like to use www.ifranview.com (free!) for my photo management needs. Could you do a full size scan and save it in the dealer section of the photos here?

here's a better link to Ifranview:

http://irfanview2008.info/

Posted on: 2008/6/12 11:32
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
IIRC, entries in the Packard Dealers section are a one-shot deal. As such, you'll have to PM our webmaster, BigKev, for help with replacing the image; hope you have some other details to add while you're at it.

I have this same postcard - a rare and beautiful color image of 56th Series cars in a dealership setting.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 12:48
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Dealership section was an "off-the-shelf" module I pulled into the website and changed some labels to make it work. But I was never really happy with it. I am thinking of replacing it with a "Wiki" style module where folks can add their own, and also and more detail to existing one.

Comments and feedback appreciated on this idea.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 16:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kevin, the dealership section probably works for many postings, but its current state excludes the inclusion of more and interesting information about these old businesses (e.g., multiple photos, expanded text). I recommend that you explore applications with more capabilities. Thanks - John

Posted on: 2008/6/12 20:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Can I try to repost it? Worst case is you have two Noll Auto Co. spots. Thanks. And I do have a bit more information. In fact a long time friend of mine actually worked at that dealership in the fifties.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 23:17
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I could not find a Wiki that fit the bill. So I am just going to write my own. Stay Tuned for more details.

Posted on: 2008/6/13 0:32
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I'm all for reworking this feature to provide a more user-driven interface IF it makes less work for you in the long run.

Posted on: 2008/6/13 8:36
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved