Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Likely the most trivial question in
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Won't swear to it but I think the segmented metal tracks the car rides on are the actual moving conveyor parts and is synchronized with the overhead hoist.

That's what I would think also HH but what I wonder what that bar is that's angled down from the back? It looks like it's attached to the rear frame crossmember and then connects to the front of the platform. It also appears that the body hoist is completely open on the left side...I assume it's designed that way so it can pick body shells that are sitting over to the side of the assembly line.

Wow...thanks for posting HH, What a great photo! Makes you wonder if that particular car has survived and if so, who owns it now.

Posted on: 2012/3/6 7:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Likely the most trivial question in
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Gator and present Company-- Gentlemen, no need to apologize for "hi-jacking" the post. It's all Packard, it's all good.

Love these photographs of the vast Packard plant in happier days. Many thanks for posting these.

We're survivors. The factory's fate, dim. While my only decision, for the moment, is whether a steel gray or aluminum paint'll look better on the tailpipe aft of the muffler on my '47 Super, the above pictures give us all something to reflect on.

Meanwhile, it's hard to believe the sprawling East Grand factory, at least the parts of it not too far gone, couldn't be restored to host various small businesses, shops, boutiques, spas, something, anything, perhaps with local Packard owners' cars on rotating display, as part of enduring United States history.

Crying shame.

Posted on: 2012/3/6 19:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved