Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

This is one of the most beautiful cars I've EVER seen!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information

Posted on: 2012/3/19 10:25
 Top  Print 

Re: This is one of the most beautiful cars I've EVER seen!
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Funky coupe. The bumpers look out of place to me. Anyone else see this?

Posted on: 2012/3/22 20:00
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
it's nice, but it wouldn't make my top ten. and bumper is a bit off. trunk lid is great looks like some custom job.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 20:06
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Faith and begorrah, beauty be a personal matter. That Stutz is right jaunty for its year, but in my 'umble opine, agree with the previous gents 'bout the distracting bumper. And the runningboards are a mite wide, further distract from the car's lines. It looks a little like a Railton 8, assuming they ever made such a coupe.

According to Maurice Hendry, Howard Reed, a Packard engine designer and Buick alumnus, tried during the late '30s to sell Packard management on not just overhead valves, but an overhead camshaft engine, something seen domestically in only Duesenberg and Stutz in that decade. Reed was told such a valve train's noise would be unseemly in a Packard.
Further afield, Fred Duesenberg had wanted to build something closer to his Model A Duesenberg's size, which is about that of the above Stutz. But E. L. Cord insisted on excess. The outsized and rapidly obsolete Model J was the result, which of course led to the more rationally sized 1936-37 Duesenberg One-Twenty-- oops, um, Cord 810/812. (Which shares a couple engine accessories with the early Packard 120.)

We Packardites are catholic in our tastes, which is why we own Packards. We know what's out there. But, thought i'd try to tie the above car to our realm.

Dutch Darrin, both with Hibbard and then Fernandez, cloaked a fair amount of Stutzes as well as Packards.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 4:04
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved