Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
39 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 2 door 400 58,000 miles
Just popping in
Just popping in

tommytune2
See User information
I wanted to know if someone could give me an idea of what my 1955 pacard 400 2 door is worth 58,000 miles garage kept.....for not sure how long....me and the last guy kept it garaged. Its red and white interior is not to bad.....one small dent around front light. all original. contact me at jlan4124@aol.com if you can help..thanks jim

Posted on: 2008/7/21 23:11
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 2 door 400 58,000 miles
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Jim,

Can't help with your query but there are those here who will be able to do so. Just wanted to welcome you to Packardinfo. And if you haven't already done so, could you add your Packard to the Owner Registry with a pic and history, if known?

Posted on: 2008/7/21 23:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
According to my Old Cars Price Guide the value of a 1955 Packard 400 hardtop is $5800 in #4 condition and $13,050 in #3 condition.

Their prices tend to be a little on the high side. But that should give you an idea of the value.

Posted on: 2008/7/22 14:02
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

tommytune2
See User information
ahhh..thank you so much.....now to detemine what #4 and #3 might be. LOL would there be picture somewhere that might give me an idea to this part? the interior of this car is in really nice shape..back seat looks new and from only has the rolled part at the seams with cracks in it..does this have any barring..on condition? jim

Posted on: 2008/7/23 10:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
IIRC, except for NADA Guides, most old car value guides follow a condition scale of #1 through #5.

VMR publishes a market values for 1946-1979 online at:

http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/menus/makes.htm

...and their condition guidelines are described at:

http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/adv/prcpgs/condguide.htm

However, OCPG added a condition #6, with stated pricing, for parts cars.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 10:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
#1 "Excellent" is a perfect, show winning, 100 point restoration.

#2 "Fine" is near perfect, will win most shows unless a #1 shows up. Can only be told from a #1 on close inspection.

#3 "Very Good" original or older restoration showing wear. Looks good from 20 feet away but on closer inspection shows wear.

#4 "Good" usable vehicle needing little or no work to be functional. Obviously needs major work to be perfect. May be in the middle of restoration work.

#5 "Restorable" may or may not be running but is complete.Needs complete restoration.

#6 "Parts car" may or may not be running but is rusted, stripped of parts, wrecked or damaged to the point where it is useful only as a source of used parts.

From your description the car sounds like a solid #4.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 15:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved