Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
196 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 195

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

help setting timing on 288
Just popping in
Just popping in

couchonwheels
See User information
Ok, so I'm a liitle new to the Packard thing...........
My timing is running a bit retarded and I want to advance it, and am having difficulty getting the distrbutor loose. There's a bolt on the left side w/ a gauge at the base and one on the right that also has a slot for a flathead screwdriver. I've played w/ both and still cannot get the distrbutor to move. I'm beggining to feel a little stupid. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2012/7/20 12:48
 Top  Print   

Re: help setting timing on 288
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
There is a pinch bolt in the distributor mounting plate. Loosen it with a screw driver and pull the distributor out of the motor. You can then service those plate screws. They do not need to be overtightened. From there set the timing to spec.

Motor speed is important. Consult the manual as to correct idle speed for timing

Posted on: 2012/7/20 17:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved