Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
181 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 178

azpack400, moodydavid16, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Madness plain and simple
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I always felt that the Individual Custom Eight by Dietrich was the high point. Everything that followed was an encore.

To see one turned into a hotrod with an ersatz painted radiator represents a behavior problem of highest rank. Akin to colorizing a great B&W film, or touching up a Rembrandt.

This is first class junk. And those wheels look stupid.

Attach file:

jpg  (74.80 KB)
373_50127c5e37e52.jpg 936X493 px

jpg  (79.65 KB)
373_5013181429da6.jpg 750X598 px

Posted on: 2012/7/27 6:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Madness plain and simple
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, at or near the pinnacle for Packard. In my mind to modify that vehicle is a crime akin to burning the library at Alexandria.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 8:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THose tyres are mity damned wide. At least 235 75 R15 or 16's. Just out of curisoity, would a 235 fit the OEM sized fender well for the spare mount???? OR what would be the widest wheel/tire to fit???

Posted on: 2012/7/27 9:08
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
NO, I don't like it.

The ONLY reason I could see doing this is IF the original vehicle was BEYOND what we'd consider a basket case.

And even that...no, doesn't excuse it at all.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 13:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
How do you know it's not one of those new plastic-made cars. I highly doubt someone would take a million dollar car and turn it into a hot rod. I call fakey-do.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 13:58
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

West Peterson wrote:
How do you know it's not one of those new plastic-made cars. I highly doubt someone would take a million dollar car and turn it into a hot rod. I call fakey-do.

God, I hope you're right!

Posted on: 2012/7/27 15:03
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
For many fiscal, legal, ethical, moral reasons, like Victor Hugo, Robert Louis Stevenson, Mark Twain, i oppose
capital punishment. Except for the clown who desecrated this car. Anyone so bereft of vision, taste, doesn't deserve to live. Give me his address. I'll do it.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 15:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
It's probably sitting on a stretched Lincoln Town Car chassis. Let's just hope it's a replicar.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 15:55
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
More money than brains which is why I don't have any.

There is a genuine Chrysler Imperial Lebaron Town Car hotrod out there. They brag it is one of two made and has been greatly improved for weddings. They changed the top insert into a sunroof and it is painted garbage truck white for extra tackiness.

My thought on that is "Not my @#$%^&* wedding!"

Of course another thing I don't understand is why all these Packard experts paint the radiator shell. They didn't build a single one of those Individual Custom Eights with a painted radiator shell. Years ago there was a mint low mileage 904 Dietrich coupe floating around. I guess they took it apart and painted the radiator. Why not turn it into a retractable? Maybe it's a cost saving measure. Maybe they need the money saved for chrome plated wheels.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 16:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Criminal if it's a real Individual Custom, simply a travesty if it's the more likely "fakey-do'.

Just conjecture, but I'd bet its mostly Gibbons repro parts, a replica V-windshield coachbuilt body and mounted on some F-100/GMC chassis. The track width is typical replicar fare: too small diameter/too wide width wheels and tires sticking out past the fenders.

Well, at least they didn't paint it pearlescent white with gold-plated trim.....though why not?

With a tip of the hat to H. L. Mencken, a slightly updated paraphrase: "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste or intelligence of the American public".

Steve

Posted on: 2012/7/27 18:50
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved