Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

An introduction and hello!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Graham Kozak
See User information
Greetings all,

Over the past year or so, I've used packardinfo.com for information and recently used the forums it to track down parts. But I've never taken the time to properly introduce myself.

I've owned and driven a 1951 Packard 200 Deluxe Touring sedan since high school. Now that I'm done with college, I finally have time to do some much-needed restoration work.

Fortunately, I'm interning at a car magazine, so I'm actually encouraged to write about my progress. I've penned two installments so far; you can see them here:

Restoration project, Part 1

Restoration project, Part 2

The goal is to get the Packard working mechanically in relatively short order, then work on bringing the interior back in line as time and resources allow. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as I move forward...

I'm also going to get active with the local club, something I wasn't able to do while away at school.

I look forward to getting to know you all better. I'll try to answer any questions that you might have. Otherwise, see you on the road!

Posted on: 2012/7/30 21:40
 Top  Print   

Re: An introduction and hello!
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Graham, welcome. I hope we can be of some help to you in getting your 1951 Packard restored. I have fond memories of a 1951 Packard.

(o[]o)

Edit: May I suggest that you start a project blog on this site to keep us informed about your progress? Just go to the Project Blog section, and all will be revealed.

Posted on: 2012/7/30 21:51
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Welcome indeed. Great project to keep you tied to automotive history. Just a selfish request - When your article is published, please mention Packardinfo as a resource. You would be amazed at after 5 (?) years, many many people who could benefit from this website remain unaware....

Thank you.

Also, you might find that there are forum members who would be generous with assistance in helping you find any parts you need.

Posted on: 2012/7/30 21:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Welcome to the world of Packard Info.

I really enjoyed reading your pieces in Autoweek. I too have a 1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan so I really appreciate what you're doing.

This site is fantastic! I've yet to have a Packard problem someone here hasn't had the answer to.

I like your writing style: Direct yet leavened with self depreciating humor. I predict you'll go far in your career....

In a Packard, of course.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 0:43
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome Graham, and glad to have you aboard. I think you will find this site as helpful as any you've ever visited.
We're all dedicated to Packards and helping each other.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 9:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved