Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 213

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1953 Paint Color
Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
what is stamped on the door code in black ink on your 53 Caribbean? I may be wrong but I thought only the 1954's had the color code on the glove compartment

The Valencia Orange car seen in many articles was repainted back in 1955 the owner said

The only two colors other than the four advertised colors we have truly verified was a white example (in PA) and two black examples (one in NB, one in AL), both with correct color codes indicated on the door plate

Posted on: 2012/8/14 1:41
 Top  Print   

Re: 1953 Paint Color
Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
oops, NB should have read NE for Nebraska, I have received three reports of red cars but interesting enough all have blank or missing door plates and interiors that do not seem likely to correspond with a red car. I am not saying that they did not produce any red cars but none have been truly verified. This also applies to medium blues, dark blues, yellows (non sahara sand) , light greens etc... also Packard dealer announcements usually mention new colors being introduced and dropped and no Caribbean color changes are mentioned in all the material that i have read. The Carnation and Amythest color scheme was announced for 1954 for the pacific. The special emblems were also inventoried for sapre parts.

A gentleman who worked for Packard (Bob Aller? I recall) who bought a new 53 Caribbean (his dealer/factory documentation is now being sold on CD's) told me at a national show I attended that you could special order a color on the 53 Caribbeans as long it was one that packard offered as a standard color AND as long as it would match an existing Caribbean interior color scheme. He also said that mitchell bentley's paint work was not up to par with Packard's and that they had to repaint quite a few caribbeans under warranty and many folks made color changes early in the game. he also mentioned that his own personal car underwent an early color change

Posted on: 2012/8/14 1:57
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved