Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 227

todd landis, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'48 '49 '50 Cigar Lighter Wire Attachment
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
Have any of you mastered, or know how to re-create how to connect a new wire to the Cigar lighter? It is a threaded attachment. Can these attachments be purchased?

Posted on: 2012/8/14 21:55
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Re: '48 '49 '50 Cigar Lighter Wire Attachment
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure if you mean just a connector or the entire shell.

If the connector, is the stud actually threaded or just serrated and what size. I've seen ring terminals with a brass nut making the connection used on some and a friction type terminal just pushed over the stud on others.

Ring terminals should be easy from any parts store and if the stud is .180 in diameter, then Y&Z and RI Wiring both have a female push on type connector that may work. If smaller than .180 then there are a couple of sizes of common bullet connectors that might also work.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 22:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: '48 '49 '50 Cigar Lighter Wire Attachment
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
I didn't even think of that. Very simple!

The back of the lighter socket is a threaded post where the wire screws onto the post (a nut is built into the end of the wire somehow. But a ring terminal is a very simple, inexpensive alternative. Thank you so much! Been trying to figure this one out for a coiuplk weeks!

Posted on: 2012/8/15 10:42
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved