Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Caribbean on ebay
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
This one has needs but looks basically sound.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Packard-Caribbean-Convertible-1956-Packard-Caribbean-Convertible-/251130061267?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7884a1d3#v4-40

Need:
paint engine
batwing air cleaner
interior
new top
engine bay

Posted on: 2012/8/15 13:09
 Top  Print 

Re: Caribbean on ebay
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I saw this one about a week ago and spent some time looking at it. It does seem pretty decent, though a shame to have spent the money for a new convertible top and have the incorrect material and color, though it appears to be a nice-fitting top. I'd be asking some questions about 123,000 miles with no mention of any engine work.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 13:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
It says it had A/C, I see the factory compressor, but don't see anything else.

The engine looks like it has been touched, but not sure what they did, cause some of the parts don't look right.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 14:14
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The car certainly never saw anything installed resembling a proper factory in dash unit but suppose it could have had a hang on. Would be very cautious on the compressors overall condition if a buyer is thinking of using it. At least one of the hose fittings is broken off as a starter.

If not a hang on unit, guess it could always be one of the mystical convertibles some have said they have seen with working trunk air. Maybe another job like that odd 51 Patrician or 400 discussed a few months ago. A custom installed convertible trunk unit and how they did the ducting would certainly be something I'd like to see.

A few other questions might be if they have the batwing cleaner, what kind of oil filler cap is used on the car and what's with the ugly green paint on the engine?

Posted on: 2012/8/15 14:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I am not that familiar with the 56, is that interior correct, or is it supposed to be blue leather on the cushions? Th sun visors don't look right, some of the dash knobs look like clipper, the top of the door pad under the vent doesn't look right, the antennas don't look right, one of the mufflers looks like it has a crease or something happened to it. The top is missing the stainless strip above the back window.

Again, I am not familiar with the 56.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 16:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
I questioned the seller on e-bay a couple of weeks ago about the air. He said it doesn't have air. Notice the blower motor isnt present, no dash vents, no hole in the firewall for connections. Just a compressor mounted on the engine. Also stated that it has the wrong carbs and no batwing.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 17:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I would like to buy it, but, need some of that tarp money,

Posted on: 2012/8/15 21:05
Riki
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved