Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 161

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: How to modify your Packard for Money, Fame, and Power..
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
MORE HORSEPOWER!!!

This has been a rift in the mobile community since transportation had wooden wheels, and the # of horsepower was measured by how many horses were in front of the wagon. Lets just take it easy on the personal attacks.....we are all friends here..... we are all members of the fine packard tradition of ownership. Remember, the theories introduced in these posts are from experience, or good technical reasoning. I enjoy all the ideas discussed, because aren't we all just trying to keep as many Packards on the road as possible?

Turbopackman- That Youtube post is AWESOME!!!

Posted on: 2008/5/29 12:42

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
packprince -

Although this is a not-for-profit site, IMHO, you are more than welcome to come here and enlighten us about your projects - whether it involves work done on your own Packards or those owned by others. Also, I think we all look forward to anyone with a bona fide interest in Packards joining the disucssion if they have something useful to contribute. Yet, I think it's only reasonable for you to show some respect to others in the same regard.

That said, I really don't get where you're coming from with your response to Turbopackman's opening post. Everyone has a right to do with their own Packard as they please, but I see no reason for you to be attacking Eric's intended projects - or putting words in his mouth. He got the short end of the stick from someone after he came up with an alternate oil pump for the V8s, and that's a pretty good reason for covering his projects in the public light of the internet. Yet, he's only getting started.

As such, shouldn't you wait and see what he comes up and then argue the specific facts on a case-by-case basis - or are you simply not willing or able to do that?

However, if you insist on throwing stones, don't be surprised if anyone picks 'em up and throws 'em right back at ya. If things get out of hand, the thread could get locked (not necessarily deleted) - leaving the public to draw their own conclusions about you. N'est-ce pas?

Posted on: 2008/5/29 14:37

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well said Brian.

Also the purpose of the Modification forum is too discuss just that....MODIFICATIONS. Eric is trying to see what kind of performance can be gained using a Packard motor and as many Packard parts as possible. If any of us wanted to easy job we could have built a Tri-Five Chevy from a catalog.

If you like that YouTube video that Eric posted, search YouTube as that guy has other videos of him driving that "Pack-Rat". I love it when the engine compartment looks like something out of the engine room of a German U-boat. :)

The purpose of the website is to help positively promote Packards and provide information and help to those wanting to both restore, repair, and drive their Packards.

It's amazing the reaction I get from people when they have come over to see my car in person and the see the size and shape of my 327. It's a converation piece. So I would rather have my Straight Eight with my GearStart Ultramatic that will cruise comfortably and quietly over long trips then trying to win a pissing contest a quarter mile of pavement at a time.

Posted on: 2008/5/29 16:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Drake
See User information
wow, buncha drama in here.. anyway..

hopefully i'll be working on some alternate fuel ideas.. IE: natural gas, or water(as in hydrogen, not steam).. it'll probably take me 100 years to get anything done tho..

Posted on: 2008/5/29 18:31

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I agree Drake.....lets give Eric back his thread for his original purpose.

Posted on: 2008/5/29 19:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
hopefully i'll be working on some alternate fuel ideas.. IE: natural gas, or water(as in hydrogen, not steam).. it'll probably take me 100 years to get anything done tho..

We need to correspond on this via email... You're onto one of my other, more secret ideas.

Posted on: 2008/5/29 20:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
The 359 in the Ford roadster is Awesome. Why is it when I mention a GM mill in a Clipper I catch slack "John".... Keep up the good work Eric. I love Packards just a little sour on their week motors. Packards are just about the least expensive to restore so Packard dudes until you have restored many different kinds don't judge on what is cheap to do. I would want to restore a Packard any day over 67-69 Camaro. The NOS parts are abundant, the used parts are plentifull and at a fair price and are tough. The chev restoring market has been taken over by Asian's that produce junk parts. We are restoring a 70 Torino Cobra and I just paid $800.00 for a used dual point distributo and $900.00 for a plastic grill. I am not against ya I am one of you Packard guy's. It has been great stiring up a rather sleepy forum. Thanks al

Posted on: 2008/5/29 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The engine in the Ford roadster isn't a 359, it was a 288 and now it's a 327. Packard made straight eights in more than one displacement.

Posted on: 2008/5/29 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Pack prince: Any services your perform for your customers is done so you can make a profit. They certainly aren't done out of the kindness of your heart.

In another thread I will publicly tell you about my experiences that I have concerning Packard's. The picture that I have in my avatar represents many hard hours on my part working on an unrestored Packard and bringing it back to life. Which I will tell about in another thread in the very near future. However at this moment there are other matters I have attend to. Such as making more entries in my thread on the history of Packard for this site.

I will be very interested in the full flow oil filter conversion that Eric to his Packard engine. Hopefully I can do the same thing to my straight eight.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/5/29 20:34
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
My feeling on old cars not just Packards is if you fix or repair or do something yourself no matter how small you have the satisfaction and inner knowledge that you did it with your hands. Its not same as writing a check . Doing a repair or restoration your self is more fun and I think more rewarding than writing a check . Making out a check proves you have more money doing any job yourself and seeing the results doesn't have a price its self satisfaction which can't be purchased with money. The above is my feeling but writting checks is not much of a hobby. Paying to have something done you can't do your self like chrome plating is different but the more hands on the more enjoyment plus the memory and the right to brag about what you did and how you did it thats what old cars are about as far as I'm concerned

Posted on: 2008/5/29 23:39

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved