Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: How to modify your Packard for Money, Fame, and Power..
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
packprince, I find that hard to believe also!

Posted on: 2008/5/30 19:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
So for all you Ford lovers and Chevy Lovers like Eric and John and to all you Packard lovers like Clipper47 and Me check out our web site at www.midsouthernrestorations.com there is something there for every one.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Packardprince: I stand corrected about the Derham. You still haven't answered my question. How about a race between my Chevelle and your buddies Derham.

The Derham not your Packard like you want everybody to believe it is. Should I go back through some of my prior posts and reprint who actually owns both of the cars you keep bragging about.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/5/30 20:12
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Eric, Eric, don't get your panties in a bunch dude. I modified a Packard and you modified a Ford. Of course my swap was easy and everyone out there can do it. I took a 400 hp LS2 and just welded the Damn thing in and took a wire and plugged in the computer and presto I'm Done. I took a $1000.00 pile of crap and the customer invested $140,000 so he could have a Packard that is so reliable "that is a switch" and cool thanks to front and rear A/C and drivable( thanks to mustang II front suspension and power Rack)and fast that it set the Packard record for the most time in a passing lane on any Interstate, and you could drive across country unscared of mechanical issues and pass any sniff test and get 23mpg. But that was not a challenge and anyone could do it. Your Ford is Cool. It is a Rat Rod. You built it for the glory and the glory of the team. Team Packard? Why didn't you drop your 400hp in a 4500 pound Clipper? Your rat rod is such a feat and your so smart that you are a legend in your time and to others on this site. I like rat rods. At this time I don't have a bunch of old garbage in my attic to throw on one.

Packprince, first off, you're such a dipshit, the "rat rod" is not my car, I was using it for reference. Second, ANYONE who spends $140,000 on the car you just posted the pics on has wayy more money than brains. And YOU should be ashamed of yourself for stealing his money.

What I do is IMPROVE on 50+ year old technology, not replace it with modern fuel injected junk. When you're ready to step up to the big boys arena and come and play with the guy's who take "a bunch of old garbage in my attic" that will whoop anything that you'll even dream of owning, at a 10th of the cost, let me know. We might have room for you if you keep your mouth shut long enough to learn something.

In closing, here's your thought for the day, I don't wear panties, I prefer an "unfinished basement" if you know what I mean.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 20:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
Eric, I knew it was coming,,, Most poor boy groupies who came through our shop said the same thing about our customer. "He Must have more money than brains" LOL It was his brains that made him enough money to do what ever he wants to. I'm jealous and so are you! Did I not save the pile of crap Clipper from the smasher? Scrap is nearing $300.00 a ton. I'm a Dipshit? Would you like to meet out by the bicyle Rack at lunch time and settle this. The pic's are of my poor boy car. I had $10,000 in the whole car as of 1994, best E-T 12.02 @ 5600 feet elevation in Wyoming. I sold the car for $7500 in 94 and found it on E-bay in 2006 and bought it back for $10,000. I rebuilt the Carb To make it run and check out the burn out,, from a 390 Ford motor with over 500 1/4 mile runs on it and a tired C-6 auto burning off the slicks for one more set of pic's. There is no power braking that is dead stop mashing it. I'm a dipshit? Can your ford rat rod do that? Mine Can. I would rather race you with my Packard but do you want to race my Ford. How about you John? I'll pull two plug wires off so I am running a six cylinder......

Attach file:

jpg  (73.77 KB)
546_4840a85e1d9c2.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (56.38 KB)
546_4840a893e8f68.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (33.95 KB)
546_4840a8c2d7fc7.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (36.60 KB)
546_4840a8e796621.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/5/30 20:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
Eric, you stated you try to improve on 50 plus year technology. My FE design is from 1958. Hello that is 50 years also. The difference is my will hit 7000 rpm worn out and a rod ready to fly off the handle at any time and do you it all day. My motor cost $4500.00 You da man Eric you can make a 50 year old motor run, anfd have followers who think you are neato.
Eric, "Big Boy" whoop this, Garbage man.
Come on Over to my House, I'll teach you how it is done!

Posted on: 2008/5/30 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
packprince: My ford can blah blah blah.....ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I too have a '66 Fairlane, GTA convertible ! 390,C-6. They have a forum for that. Its Woodys GT Fairlane website. Go sell your Ford Envy somewhere else.

http://www.woodyg.com/fairlane/

Attach file:

jpg  (20.75 KB)
633_4840b2e278b95.jpg 800X571 px

Posted on: 2008/5/30 21:08

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
and with all of that....topic locked.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 21:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved