Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 227

DavidPackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'51 200 -- upholstery and interior questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Graham Kozak
See User information
A bit of back story: my '51 200 Deluxe Touring sedan was complete when I got it, but many components were well-worn. Daily driver use and poor weatherstripping (now being replaced) took their toll...by the time I put the car away, it needed some interior work. Seats were stained, headliner was dingy, etc.

Any hope of salvaging the original material was shot, however, when the car was involved in a garage fire. No, the car didn't catch on fire -- the garage roof did, and smoke and water damage wrecked basically all fabric components. Including the door panels, which I'm especially unhappy about.

I was planning on getting a front/rear carpet set (probably though Kanter), but after looking at Deluxe Touring accessories sheet, I can see that the front rubber floor mat <i>was</i> correct. Only trouble is, I can't find a repro one anywhere. Perhaps one of you might be able to direct me towards a source that I'm overlooking.

So, here's my wish list of interior stuff:

- side panels (I can upload pictures of my complete, but damaged, panels)
- rubber front front mat (Kanter carpet should do the trick for the rear)
- sheets of that leather-grained cardboard that was used underneath the rear window, in the glove box, etc.

I'm sure there will be more to come. I'm just planning on getting one-tone broadcloth seat covers until I can afford to have light gray/dark gray upholstery done.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted on: 2012/8/30 14:28
 Top  Print   

Re: '51 200 -- upholstery and interior questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
For your ultimate wish list, you should contact SMS in Canby, Oregon.
http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

If they don't have, they can make, including new door panels identical to the original.

Posted on: 2012/8/30 18:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Graham,

Ross had some NOS 51-54 door panels for sale a while back, in this thread, might still be?

Posted on: 2012/8/30 22:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Graham Kozak
See User information
Thanks for the pointers, I'll contact SMS and Ross to see about some door panel options.

I'll put a higher priority on tracking down flooring options -- maybe SMS can set me up with an appropriate rubber floor. If not, I'll just use carpet.

And any clue on that leather-grained cardboard stuff? If I just knew what it was called, I could probably track some down...I know it is still made, as I once saw a cardboard storage box made out of something very similar (at Ikea, of all places).

Posted on: 2012/8/31 8:16
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved