Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
247 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 243

Stewart Ballard, Peter Packard, Tobs, Rich49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1923 coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
what are the general thoughts on this car. i'm sure most people have seen it, since its on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1923-PACKARD-DOCTORS-COUPE-PRICE-REDUCED-/190720719447?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c67d73a57

I'm guessing its a 1923 126 222 "doctor's coupe", but was it really called that, 'doctor's coupe'

is it really a Holbrook body???

being aluminum body, doesn't seem like much body work would be needed. looks pretty darn complete, minus the Packard script on the grille.

wood seems to be intact and if not good at least there to make new pieces from. (i'd rather do wood work then metal work anyday, imho)

are those optional rims, or where the disc style optional?

anything else i'm missing? any other things to be told about this year/car

it just sparked my attention as it has been on ebay a few times now and i like it.

thanks

Hank

Attach file:

jpg  (25.52 KB)
491_5047524f46b3c.jpg 410X308 px

Posted on: 2012/9/5 8:24
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: 1923 coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Hank
That Packard has a lot going for it as a restoration project. It will cost more to restore than its worth even if you do most of the work but restoration is therapy if you enjoy it and if you like car go for it. I have a 1923 Sport Tourer Single Six so I guess I am biased, mine has been a great old car and I enjoyed restoring it and it drives very well.
The coupe looks to be very complete and correct, the wheels look to be the correct 24" wood spoke with correct hubcaps. It did not come with with bumpers originally and those fitted spoil it in my opinion. It is missing the oil filler funnel assembly that should be on LHS of the engine. The First Series cars did not have a stop light so the tail light is not correct. It is missing the "bung" that covers the hole where crank handle goes. That's about all I can see at a quick look, there will be other issues but its in far better condition than mine was when I started on it.
I can send you a copy of sales photo of the car if you would like.
David

Posted on: 2012/9/5 17:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Hank,
I tried attaching a photo from the sales brochure, Don't know if it will work.
You asked whether it is a Holbrook body - looks like the standard Packard body to me.

Attach file:

jpg  (123.53 KB)
579_5047d15813263.jpg 906X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/9/5 17:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Thanks for the info!! I really do like it, but things always look better in photos. My plan was to buy it, hopefully for less, and get it mechanically sound and then drive it and enjoy it as is. I like the patina. I'm really good at mechanical stuff.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 18:22
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

danh
See User information
I say go for it,it could be a lot of fun,it's not always about what its going to be worth.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 20:03
dan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
as much as i like this thing, i decided to pass. i believe personally they want too much. but i have a nack for thinking low on price.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 21:17
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved