Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

A little disappointed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
As a newcomer to the Packard realm, I've been looking at all kinds of online forums to learn all I can about Packard automobiles. So when I found this site, it seemed like the perfect place to learn, welcoming information from purists to hot rodders alike. (And I think BigKev does a great job running the site.) So I signed on, and have been learning tons of great stuff ever since.

So when I see a potentially great topic (How to modify your Packard...) get locked out because of rude and adolenscent comments, I'm a little disappointed.

If you want your Packard built to factory specs, If you want a Jag suspension, If you want a modern V8, If you want to hod rod you straight 8 - GREAT! Let's all learn from each other! This whole "my way/car is better than yours" doesn't fit the spirit of this forum, or this site.

Let's try to remember why we are all here... to share our information an admiration for Packard motorcars of all types.

Whew! Glad to get that off my chest, now I can get some sleep.

Mike T.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 23:15
 Top  Print 

Re: A little disappointed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
Can I hear an Amen for Mike T. I too really enjoy this site and have benefitted greatly from info gathered here and since it is all about Packards why not encourage individuality in restoring and/or modifying our rides instead of condeming the differences. I enjoy both total original, which my 56 Exec is, and rods, by the way a street rodded Packard is not a COMMON street rod. Whenever someone shares their projects let's just say thanks because it involves a Packard.
Bill

Posted on: 2008/5/31 0:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Yes, I agree, I'm done here.

Posted on: 2008/5/31 0:07
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just trying to keep everything on a civil level. I usually dont need to proctor here too much as the website usually polices itself. So dont let me locking that topic discourage anyone from talking about Packards.

Nothing wrong with a little spirited debate, but once it gets a little too personal then it goes beyond the spirit of the what we are all trying to do here.

Eric, please feel free to restart your topic and hopefully all parties involved can agree to be respectful in their postings.

Posted on: 2008/5/31 0:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Nahh, it's ok. I've totally lost all interest now. I'll be keeping my projects to myself from now on.

Posted on: 2008/5/31 1:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Eric: Please start another thread on what you are going to do and share it with the whole world. Maybe there is some way that Kevin can setup limited access to the thread by other persons. Don't leave us now there are alot people in here that came to you defense.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/5/31 6:16
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Well John, I'm not so sure I want my ideas being shared to the world anymore. With people like our know it all street rodder, and with me getting burned on the last project that I made public, I'm pretty much done. I will keep correspondence with you and a select few on the projects, however.

Posted on: 2008/5/31 10:56
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
To All Who Enjoy This Fourm:

It's sad to see things degenerate to such a point that the other thread had to be locked. While I never asked BigKev to lock the thread, it clearly became necessary. The guy had the chance to be civil, but just kept provoking people, which was really no surprise to me. However, rather than delete the thread like some tea parlour types would have done elsewhere, the thread will stand as it is so others will see what some people are all about. This packprince fella didn't make a good first impression on me with his posts.

Of course, we've run into this kinda schitt in other forums. For one example, a few years back, someone offered reprints of information that was NOT available from ANY Packard club, but a few too many people jerked that seller around until he withdrew his offer. That stuff happens offline, too, and I am not surprised that there are private individuals sitting on some great stuff that the public may never see.

Thankfully, some of these people have stepped up and donated scans of original info to this site, but I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg. Of course, not everyone can donate in the same way, but anyone who comes here brings something to the table that can make this the single BEST site for Packard owners around the world.

Posted on: 2008/5/31 11:16
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Eric -

Let me suggest that you continue to work on your projects behind the scenes, but keep good notes and pix.

Then, when you have a working prototype, build the blog for the specific project here.

Keep up the good fight!

Posted on: 2008/5/31 11:25
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
Sorry it got a little out of hand. I did come to this web site wanting to share Packard things with you a while back and caught guff right from the get go. The only thing I can Figure is because I have had a couple of customers with money and paid me to make their cars nice, where you do the work yourself with maybe limited budgets. I looked through recent sent in pic's of year 54 and can say I know that car, I pulled the hunk of crap Chrysler tranny from it and installed a original Ultra-matic. I could add more pic's of other Packard from different owners but I beleive I'm done with this site. I don't fit and that is cool. To the guy who suggested I take my Fords to Woody's site,, I can say I did and they got mad at me there because I told them how to build a low budget 390 for drag racing that would whoop ass. I even sent then a vidieo of the Fairlane racing and they still said I was full of crap. Piss On them. Turbo dude don't be such a baby, your flathead was definatly cool. I pulled my employees in to check it out.
I'm Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/5/31 11:34
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved