Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 144

humanpotatohybrid, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard on Texas Car Wars
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
last night, a new show called Texas Car Wars showed a 1952 200 sedan being auctioned off in a junk yard in Bastrop TX. The good news is that the guys who bought it to flip didn't stick a 350 Chevy in it. The car was very clean, with a nice interior if you don't count the wrong shift lever knob. The car was a nice two tone green, which the new owner changed to a white top and bright blue bottom. Looks like the reason the car was in the junk yard is that it had a bent valve. Sad to see it get painted over a nice original paint job, but at least the car got saved.

Posted on: 2012/9/16 12:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard on Texas Car Wars
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I watched that show too.

The mechanics had to fix/exchange the starter, put new tires on it, fix/replace a burned up wiring harness, etc. The "seller" had about $5,000 in it by the time it was sold to the "buyer" for $7,200. That sale number seemed way high to me.

I thought the paint color combo (white top, blue body) didn't match the interior, but looked OK by itself.

Craig

Posted on: 2012/9/16 14:16
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
So they spent more but did get the 7K figure they were going for. It was a nice car to start with but I had enough and stopped watching after the first few minutes when they said they were going to do an inexpensive and quick turnaround. The original idea of putting 1K in and selling for 7 sounded like someone was going to get the royal screw and a shoddy car to do again.

Posted on: 2012/9/16 14:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I will never watch that show again. Enough said.

Posted on: 2012/9/16 17:23
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information

Posted on: 2012/9/17 7:22
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ray17015
See User information
I agree with Cli55er 100%, too much "Bubba" in that show for me!

Posted on: 2012/9/17 8:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah cause EVERYONE in Texas MUST talk that way. idiots!

and that car....where in the HECK will you ever find that Packard in that shape for that price they paid during the auction! i haven't seen one...not on Ebay...not on Craigslist.

sorry...but that was all staged, that Packard was never in that junkyard. it was setup for the show, pricing and everything.

its all an act and too much drama.

I like how that guy tried to test the motor being free by turning the fan blade too....moron...you try from the crank.

that car shoulda been in my driveway driving me to work and having fun. i'da gladly gave 1750 for that car in that shape and i wouldn't have painted it over either.

but i bet that it broke down way more then they led us to believe too, probably for the new owner on the way home.

and...i like how they left the door seals unpainted, probably was MAACO.

there is my rant.....that Packard deserved better, but at least its running again.

Hank

Posted on: 2012/9/17 9:30
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ray17015
See User information
and that car....where in the HECK will you ever find that Packard in that shape for that price they paid during the auction! i haven't seen one...not on Ebay...not on Craigslist.

Mine maybe rougher, but I got it FREEEE from a member on this forum!! - Sorry, I have to keep pointing that out.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 10:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Since it was a recent "first aired on Sept 13" how old was the show and if the car actually changed hands, has the new owner chosen to join us?

Posted on: 2012/9/17 11:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Friends

Those types are pretty dismissive of anything that is not GM or comes out of a box. One of the other garages "couldn't" get a late model Mercedes Benz running that had bad gasoline. They tried to blame it on Mercedes engineering rather than their haste and willful nonunderstanding

The Packard fared better than I expected, though I don't understand why they didn't keep the original colors

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2012/9/17 22:44
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved