Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 220

kevinpackard, BDeB, Charles, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: position of R9 Lockout Control Lever on OD case ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
That's what I was afraid of. I Thought I had found something good. Is there any other way to verify if the breaker is bad, other than pulling the assembly out ? I Sure don't look forward to that.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 10:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not that I can think of. Assuming your car is wired as the factory shows, if you have power to the lighter it means you have power to the breaker. The headlights, parking lights, instrument lights (thru another switch) and tail lights are directly off the headlight switch. After turning the lights on, if you have no power or no lights on any then either the breaker is bad or disconnected or the switch is bad.

On either situation I don't see a way around other than the direct look approach. Perhaps someone who has a 22-23 series can give instructions or some pointers on the best way to access the assembly.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 11:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Yes - i was just trying to determine if it is the circuit breaker OR head light switch at fault -- Thanks

Posted on: 2012/11/19 12:52
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved