Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 31 »

Re: ZIS 110
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The ZIS factory was built in 1931. The origins of the the ZIS started out as AMO in 1924 they started building trucks based a Fiat design the AMO F 15.

Between 1925 through 1931 they built three hundred automobiles based on a truck chassis and engine. These cars were built at Yaroslav Russia.

When the new factory was built in 1931 the firm AMO was renamed Zavod Imiemi Stalina.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (47.99 KB)
105_4898eee1e3020.jpg 800X488 px

jpg  (53.81 KB)
105_4898ef425b488.jpg 800X598 px

Posted on: 2008/8/5 19:14
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Great pics john!!! Do u know where they were taken??? There appears to be large grain silos in the background of the last pic and a city in the first pic.

Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Guscha. How far do u live from the Russian border???

Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I believe we need to start a Dedicated Forum (near the top) for Zis, Zil and Chaika Russian "Packards". Did i leave out any names????

I really like the Zil pictured in Owens 7/28 7:27 pm post on page 2. It's almost as beautiful as a 56 Carib.

Posted on: 2008/8/5 23:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I believe we need to start a Dedicated Forum (near the top) for Zis, Zil and Chaika Russian "Packards". Did i leave out any names????

I second that notion! I for one would be extremely interested in learning more about them.

Posted on: 2008/8/5 23:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Hartmann
See User information
Those photos of the Russian production line for the ZIS are fantastic - never seen them before - fascinating.

Wonder when they were taken? If they were taken while the war was still going on, that makes the whole situation even MORE bizzare - just think - Russia was facing invasion and untold misery, and Stalin wants his people to use up valuable resources making luxury cars ?

I wonder about those photos showing all those brand-spanking new ZIS's, apparently completed. I note there is no evidence of war damage to the building - not even broken windows in the sky-lights. Would love to know more about those photos, and see any others you might have.

I do have a suspicion - what comes to mind, is those photographs of the American aviation hero Lindberg, when he went to Germany and was impressed with German aviation production in '37. He was taken on a tour of assembly lines. To make him THINK the German factory was doing better than it was, they were rolling airplanes around the back and bringing them in again, to make it SEEM like they had more then they could actually build. I wouldnt put it past the Russians to have done a similar "trick".

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:03
If it has a red hex on the hub-cap, I love it
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Petey: During WWII like everything else the whole plant minus the buildings were shipped east past the Urls. ZIS was mainly into the production of trucks, which Uncle Joe needed badly

The Russian factories setup east of the Urls were out of range of German bombers. Goring had no four engine bombers to reach the newly setup production factories.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Here is another picure to add the collection of ZIS 110 pictures.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (72.40 KB)
105_489cebda91526.jpg 1001X613 px

Posted on: 2008/8/8 19:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Just to add to the confusion - look at this 1941 Packard limousine with "Labaron" body.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Packard-Limosine-Labaron-Packard-Lebaron-Limo-1941-RARE_W0QQitemZ260271141088QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:CA:101

Comments anyone? I don't know enough about Packard limousines to tell if this is a LeBaron body or a Henney body supplied by Packard.

Posted on: 2008/8/8 21:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
It's a LeBaron. Model 1420. The door and rear quarter windows are unmistakable.

Posted on: 2008/8/8 23:38
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 31 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved