Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 »

Re: ZIS 110
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I am just devastated I lost the prize! There were people surrounding the house with pipes making a loud steady noise cheering for the American team!

I just wouldn't have guessed that was Edsel's son looking that young. In some ways it looks a little more like Benson. The clue should have been the scowl normally reserved for communist heads of state! I could just picture that kind of scowl on the face of Hrushov, beating his shoe against the podium.

Gerd wrote: "Jim, the government should make it harder for young people to obtain alcohol. Don't you think?"

Answer: Yes and no. Most people I know only have a drink once in a while, and not even a full stein. Your friend pictured on the other hand sure had his share! A friend of mine that has passed away was Public Relations Director of Edsel Division. He was latter heavily involved in the launch of the Mercury Cougar. He wrote a book called Innocents Incidents & Indiscretions where there is the most hilarious account of HFII getting so plowed that he could not remember where his shoes were the next morning. His "people" finally located them in the freezer!

This was much more fun than I could have ever hoped for! I normally do not participate in the guessing game but just could not turn away from the high stakes and prizes to be won!

Edit: Changed brother to son and Clay to Benson. Just having to much fun to let the facts get in the way of the story!
Thanks for the heads up Gerd.

Posted on: 2010/7/13 10:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Btw there is one thing wrong on the picture of the T34 tank that Gerd posted, guess what it is, I can say its not the ZIS 110 its whats mounted on the tank itself

Posted on: 2010/7/13 13:38
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Actually Gerd I had the radio antenna in mind. As I remember the Soviet Tanks from the WWII time did not have any radio communication. It lead to misfire and also to frendly fire wich also meant that many of there own men from the red army got killed.
The German tanks Panzer IV,Tiger and Panther where equipped whit radio communication.

When Henry Ford Junior visited the Togliatti plant in Soviet russia, it was said he was pleased what he saw. Togliatti is the plant that to this day produces Lada cars. The first model was a Fiat 124 based car suited for the soviet harsh climate under the name VAZ 2101. And to say this here and new its not a copy of the Fiat 124 but by a licence produced vehicle!

Posted on: 2010/7/13 14:39
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

another German
See User information
Guscha, vielen herzlichen Dank f?r all die wunderbaren Informationen, Bilder und Geschichten rund um das sch?nste Hobby der Welt.

My regards to all Packard owners around the world.

M. G.

Hamburg, Germany

Posted on: 2010/7/19 12:51
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
And our regards to you M.G.
to PackardInfo.

And if by chance you own a Packard, could you please include it in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/7/19 15:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote:......It wasn't so easy to find a connecting line between this thread and your wonderful home town........
Gerd,

Don't know how you do it, but until Hell freezes over I'm sure you will continue to make those connections!

Image from www.thepeoplescube.com

Attach file:

jpg  (19.17 KB)
226_4c44c6bb74432.jpg 500X277 px

Posted on: 2010/7/19 16:40
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote:......."standard guideline of production performance"........
Gerd,

In Aussie and other speak, although this term is falling from favour, it would often be called "the darg". I hope those Soviet workers who exceeded the quota so spectacularly gained recompense or recognition besides the piece of paper on the wall. It seems, maybe not so much now, that when a target or quota was set that by exceeding it there came a fresh expectation that the new attainment would then become the new target or quota.

Posted on: 2010/7/19 18:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

another German
See User information
Hello Ozstatman, I don't own a Packard, although I wish I would. I'm a collector of German cars. To see Soviet cars from Guscha's perspective provides to me the actual attraction.

Vielen Dank f?r den Hinweis auf die interessante Querverbindung nach Hamburg. Beinahe nicht zu glauben.
Mich w?rde interessieren, ob ZIS oder andere sowjetische Automobilhersteller weitere Wagen aus dem westlichen Ausland nachgeahmt haben. Eigentlich widersprachen ja diese "dekadenten Fahrzeuge der propagierten Fortschritlichkeit kommunistischer Arbeitsweise der Sowjetmenschen"!

Herzliche Gr??e

M. G.

Posted on: 2010/7/28 13:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I have always wondered that many car restorers try to correct factory mistakes, is that a good thing or not? Some cars at least the USSR car, sometimes where assembled in a haste and they had many small mistakes in them. I cant tell should I or other restorers correct these or leave these mistakes as they are??

Posted on: 2010/8/8 1:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Guscha your mystery car looks more like a cross between a Packard and a Chrysler than a Packillac. Note the resemblance to the rear half of the 1949 Chrysler limousine in this photo.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1949/Limo/index.htm

Chrysler used the same limousine body from 1949 to 1954 and built over 20,000 of them on Dodge DeSoto Chrysler and Imperial chassis. So they made good business on their investment in body tooling.

But they only made 45 Imperial limousines in 1949.

Posted on: 2010/8/8 9:50
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved