Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 124

Charles, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Special Thanks
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

Though I've been around since day one at PackardInfo, I must advise that I was initially skeptical of the whole idea - having seen plenty of other online attempts that never amounted to much. Though I had hundreds of pieces of literature on file, as they pertain to my own, limited interests in postwar Packards (mainly the V8s), I decided to stand back and let others pitch in with material.

Yet, by the time the forum was launched here, late in 2006, I was so fed up with "business as usual" in other Packard-related clubs/sites, that I was more than happy to work on the Model Info section, jump-start a few other early features, help fill in some gaps in the Literature and Manuals archive, and compose a few other original pieces.

For me, the real heavy-lifting came on the heels of reformatting my original "Index to Service Bulletins for 55th-56th Series Packards" for this site - when I took on the work for composing similar installments for previous years. It was a lotta work, but a labour of love. While new construction came to a halt on that work last year, when we effectively ran out of material, I continue to edit the existing content for better sorting, searching and clarity - until additional documents come to the surface.

More than once and in more than one area, your kung-fu programming has expedited the process of data entry, so that I could work more quickly offline, within a prescribed template, to provide files that you could import at the touch of few keystrokes/clicks to compile databases that can be read to dynamically generate web content. (More simply, that means whenever we add to or edit the behind-the-scenes database, the page that the viewer sees is updated automatically.)

Meanwhile, back in the brick-n-mortar world, what you have learned, practiced, and shared over the course of your 54 Clipper project should be an inspiration to all.

So, thanks to YOU, as well as all those who have selflessly stepped up to the plate with contributions of their time, talent, material, and dollars. Otherwise, we would not have been able to build so much, so fast.

Posted on: 2012/11/15 1:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
This is the best car site that I have found and I belong to four all brands i own cars in. The way Kev has the site or something his presence provides seems to filter the people who are on the site to those who care and add . The negative people seem to sense they are not part of the Packardinfo way of doing things.
This site which I consider to be ours is helpful and entertaining. Proud to be a member I feel it will continue to expand and keep getting better

Posted on: 2012/11/15 9:19
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thank you for the kinds words and support. It really does take a village, and I appreciate everyones efforts!

Posted on: 2012/11/16 15:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Hill
See User information
I am new to Packards and this site. My car is on the road, but has some minor issues. I have been reading and posting questions. The people here have been most helpful with information and advice. Thank you to all who contribute in this unselfish manner. And thank you to Kev for having the presence of mind to put this great web site together and the perseverance to see it through to what it is today.
Cheers to all that have made this site what it is today.

Posted on: 2012/11/17 0:25
If it won't move, get a bigger wrench.
If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Mark

1949 Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
I too have experienced extremely helpful and kind people on the site. Discovering the site was just "wow". Thanks a lot everybody.
Now to click "Donate".

Tom

Posted on: 2012/11/17 6:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved