Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: An Old Timer Told Me The Chevy Ram's Horn Exhaust Bolts To The Straight Eight. Anyone Ever Hear This
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Here are the photos if the website works. The Edmunds manifold is really clean. The carbs are used and should be cleaned.

Attach file:

jpg  (113.63 KB)
1492_50bac120249c3.jpg 1175X586 px

jpg  (96.92 KB)
1492_50bac139db7ce.jpg 880X542 px

jpg  (102.90 KB)
1492_50bac1483b7c2.jpg 1103X640 px

Posted on: 2012/12/1 21:47
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Re: An Old Timer Told Me The Chevy Ram's Horn Exhaust Bolts To The Straight Eight. Anyone Ever Hear This
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Interesting that it uses a coolant connection for temp regulation.

Posted on: 2012/12/4 16:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ben_Wojdyla
See User information
Darn, that's pretty freakin' cool! Wish it wasn't "spend all your money" season or I'd be inclined to call it a deal right now.

Posted on: 2012/12/8 1:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
You can check back with me in February after the season's bills have been paid. I am not advertising it yet, but plan to take it to the big Packard swap meet in Orange CA in the spring. Fredpuhn@cox.net is the easy way to contact me.

Posted on: 2012/12/9 23:28
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ben_Wojdyla
See User information
Quote:
BigKev wrote:
Interesting that it uses a coolant connection for temp regulation.

Interesting at the time, but very commonly done now. You'll hardly find an electronic throttle body that isn't coolant heated these days. A bit ahead of the curve maybe?

Posted on: 2013/3/10 9:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A bit ahead of the curve maybe?

I don't know that I'd say that; that fuel vaporization was enhanced by heating (actually requires heating as the vaporization itself is a cooling process) was recognized from nearly the very beginning of internal combustion engines and intake manifolds had provisions for heating as far back as the 20s, probably earlier than that.

Posted on: 2013/3/10 9:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
The second generation chevy ram horn exhaust manifolds in the second pic what type of vehicle are they off? Have a part number ? This looks like more fun than just welding a pla the on the exhaust one piece to isolate it from the intake

Posted on: 2013/3/10 19:13
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ben_Wojdyla
See User information
Chevy 327 is the first place to look, although I think they existed on other engines as well.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 18:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
thats funny that the engines are both 327 but so diffrent

Posted on: 2013/3/16 15:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
My old 68 404 Peugeot had a water heated carb - I suppose this was to help on the performance. Never gave me any trouble other than it looked a bit odd.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 20:35
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved