Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 217

37Blanche, DJP-37-120, Wat_Tyler, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Anyone know this nice '53 Patrician?
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

This '53 Patrician got my attention, sure looks very good for the price:

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/3379278395.html

Seller notes it was recently driven on the Henry Joy Tour, anyone know this car or who the owner is? If you have a look at it, I'd be interested to know what condition it's in.

Steve

P.S. I don't care for that visor, would remove it the minute I bought that Patrician!

Posted on: 2012/11/21 10:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Anyone know this nice '53 Patrician?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I was on the most recent Henry Joy tour with my 34 Eight but can't say I recall anything particular about it; I believe this is it in front of the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge MA this past June. Photo below from the coverage of that event on The Packard Club forum. If it was driven on all the daily events it probably did about 400 miles plus the mileage to/from the meet and I can't recall that any of the cars had any significant reliability problems. You might ask Ross, he was our "trouble truck". The only 53 Patrician registered for the tour was from Hillsborough NJ so I assume this is the same one; I'll PM you the owner's name, his contact information is in the PAC Member's Directory.

Attach file:

jpg  (164.65 KB)
177_50acefd60ad64.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/11/21 10:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I have also seen it on the Henry Joy Tours--but like a real Packard it never made any fuss to be noticed in a negative light. Love the yellow and maroon. Visor MUST go. Interior is tired. I think you could do a lot worse.

Posted on: 2012/11/21 11:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Dave

PM sent. Now, I have to think seriously if I can accomodate this nice Patrician at this time. Sometimes, it's just a sweet frustration to search Craigslistings! So many nice Packards, so limited my finances!

Steve

Posted on: 2012/11/22 8:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

This nice '53 Patrician is still available, someone jump on it so I won't obsess about it anymore!

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/3544785605.html

Here's a '54 Cavalier someone might enjoy too:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3450226228.html

Another '58 Packard hardtop surfaces, this one is only 85-90 miles from me. If someone is interested and wants it inspected, I'll gladly do so for a little fuel and a Chinese Buffet lunch!

http://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/3524066829.html

Steve

Posted on: 2013/1/20 12:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
The Packard in worcester has been for sale for a while, cause I remember seeing it about 2 months ago already.

Posted on: 2013/1/20 15:35
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
The Packard in Worcester looks just like the one in the picture just above at Henry Joy Tour.

Posted on: 2013/1/21 7:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved