Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
194 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 192

DaveJr, Leeedy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Amazing Packard Photos
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Even the most stubborn individual would have to see why Packard was at the top of their class when viewing these photos. The one thing Packard stuck with throughout the course of its long life was they somehow managed to capture the Packard "look" when they designed the front of their cars...From the earliest cars with that familiar arching radiator shell leveling off on both sides to the final 1956 model year with the arching grill leveling off under the headlights.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3346/3519795623_e095259701.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flickriver.com/photos/sjb4photos/tags/packard/&usg=__BKi4gOFtx4WTNgFPvzErkCS2jyI=&h=369&w=500&sz=228&hl=en&start=29&zoom=1&tbnid=cOopv-I6VWHvDM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=130&ei=B4wSUaXoFsLorAeF2IBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3D1955%2BPackard%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1

Posted on: 2013/2/6 12:46
 Top  Print   

Re: Amazing Packard Photos
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Wow! A multitude of gorgeous Packards!

Posted on: 2013/2/6 12:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for that link, some really exceptional Packards, nice photography, and I believe all the captions are correct as well, a bit of a rarity. The 1932 904 sedan by Waterhouse is believed to be the only Waterhouse closed body on a Packard chassis and is currently down at Automotive Restorations in NJ for some work. A particularly interesting feature is the all-leather interior including the headliner. Photos by this writer.

Attach file:

jpg  (63.52 KB)
177_51129a68c27b6.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (105.02 KB)
177_51129b4d0888c.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/2/6 12:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Beautiful pictures - THANK YOU Gator!
I really enjoyed the all-black 54 Caribbean. It looked much more sleek than the standard two-tone.
There were two captions that were incorrect - a 1951 swan was not a 51 and a 1954 was not a 54. And yes, I much prefer the term swan as opposed to anything else.
And thank you Dave for the interior shots of that great looking leather upholstery.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 14:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Randy, I always have my eyes out for cormorants and pelicans, but rarely for swans.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 15:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I like you Dave, but...

Attach file:

gif  (2.20 KB)
23_5112c978d9155.gif 55X53 px

Posted on: 2013/2/6 16:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
A particularly interesting feature is the all-leather interior including the headliner. Photos by this writer.

Yes, Packard most certainly invented the word "plush" judging from some of those interiors and riding in that 904 must have been the difference in night and day compared to a Model A Ford. I also found it amazing that Packard put quite a phenomenal amount of detail into their dash layouts...a very generous amount of thought an intricate workmanship went into those gauge clusters and their trim!

Posted on: 2013/2/6 16:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
And I'll bet those V-12's didn't have any problem at all pegging 120 MPH on a smooth straight-away. Awesome automobiles through and through!

Posted on: 2013/2/6 16:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Gator, you are joking, right?

No stock Packard Twelve with factory body ever got anywhere near 120 mph. Some of the closed coachwork styles were close to 6000 lbs, the lighter open cars were of course a bit faster. The weight plus the frontal resistance, plus rear axle ratios picked to give good local performance all are limiting factors.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
AWESOME, STUPIFYING, INCREDIBLE, GORGEOUS, WONDEROUS, BEAUTIFUL, MOUTHWATERING, EXCITING, SEXY.

ANY ADJECTIVES I FORGOT????????

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:30
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved