Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 153

jgrohn, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Blizzard, etc.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
How is our Packard community dealing with the weather across the country? Here in Connecticut we are being socked with a record level blizzard - blowing and blinding snow, accumulations of about 2 feet, airports closed, major highways closed, etc. The wind is howling outside and the plan is to make some good warm coffee and stay put!

Posted on: 2013/2/9 8:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Blizzard, etc.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Things were not too bad here in New Jersey just about 10 miles north and west of New York City. Snow was as predicted, about a foot to a foot-and-a-half, but the high winds never materialized so no power outages at least in my area. As of nearly noon all roads in my town were plowed and the major ones down to bare pavement, stores open and parking lots cleared. My biggest problem was clearing the sidewalk where the snow plow had increased the height of the snow to about 2 feet or more but the old blower managed fine though I may think about equipping it with chains next time (and I'm sure there'll be a next time).

Posted on: 2013/2/9 11:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Just got off of the phone (11 AM CST) with my brother who lives in Naugatuck, Conn. They got 30" of snow. No problems with electrical service. The big job is digging out and clearing sidewalk and driveway. They will wait until later when wind stops as no sooner clear a path and wind drifts snow back to cover their work.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/2/9 12:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
They didn't need to preempt all the other news to warn folks to stay off the roads and not go sightseeing. Glad the senior citizen in New Jersey dug himself out. Now go make some hot chocolate!

Posted on: 2013/2/9 13:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Quote:

JW wrote:
Just got off of the phone (11 AM CST) with my brother who lives in Naugatuck, Conn. They got 30" of snow. No problems with electrical service. The big job is digging out and clearing sidewalk and driveway. They will wait until later when wind stops as no sooner clear a path and wind drifts snow back to cover their work.

(o{}o)

Good old Naugatuck - I was born there. In RI we got about 28" with very strong winds, power went out for about 10 min. Still have a little more work on the driveway. BTW Mustangs STINK in the snow :)

Posted on: 2013/2/9 14:01
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I lived in Westport and I miss those blizzards and the days off.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 15:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Hill
See User information
We didn't get dumped on too bad. Still ended with almost a foot of snow in the driveway, and a good workout with the snowblower.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 15:59
If it won't move, get a bigger wrench.
If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Mark

1949 Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
We got three feet of snow in Southern NH by the ocean.. windblown all over the place but the places where we could get a good measurement was around the three foot mark.
Some parts of the yard appear to have a dusting while other parts are just crazy..

Posted on: 2013/2/9 17:41
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Compared to you in the East we're having a balmy day. At the moment, sunny and 52 with a light breeze here. As Kev says, we pay a weather tax out here for good reason. Just hope this month the tax collector passes it to the right entities quicker so we don't have another cold snap.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 17:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I remember the days when I was living in upstate NY with the lake effect! 3 ft snow, and the next day shoveling the roofs of the barns to prevent them from caving in.
Right now we have blowing dust here in west TX! 69F, 45 mph wind with gusts as high as 60 mph!

Posted on: 2013/2/9 18:17
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved