Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 109

TxGoat, humanpotatohybrid, kevinpackard, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 70 71 72 (73) 74 75 76 ... 145 »

Re: Stewart's 1955 Packard 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
I see what you are talking about on those to slits for the brake and gas pedal. I've looked at 4 different sources for the firewall pads and they all seem to have them.
They are all making the pad for the 56 (that can be used on the 55) but not making the 55 (that does not match the 56). I don't see that I have a choice if I'm understanding everything correctly.

Attach file:

jpg  (25.37 KB)
5209_5fe92a548adc4.jpg 666X375 px

Posted on: 2020/12/27 19:53
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
I can't seem to find this part among my boxes of a parts. Does anyone have this part that they will part with? The popular parts sites are do not have this part listed on their parts sites. Parts number, 9.11361 & 9.11362.

There, I was able to use the word "parts" 8 time...no wait, now its 9 times.

Thanks

Attach file:

jpg  PacPart.JPG (35.37 KB)
5209_6068fbca0ac7a.jpg 700X429 px

Posted on: 2021/4/3 18:35
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Check with Ross Miller or Mike Delinski, they may have a 55-56 clutch pedal assembly.

Posted on: 2021/4/3 19:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
I see what you are talking about on those to slits for the brake and gas pedal. I've looked at 4 different sources for the firewall pads and they all seem to have them. They are all making the pad for the 56 (that can be used on the 55) but not making the 55 (that does not match the 56). I don't see that I have a choice if I'm understanding everything correctly.

I've been going back and forth with one of the suppliers of these and even offered to help them obtain the factory blueprints but so far, few advertised will fit all the models listed in their advertisements. It should be possible to come up with one that fits most ('55, '56, with and without A/C) although the Caribbean seems to have its own for some reason and also a different one for A/C and without.

Posted on: 2021/4/4 16:52
 Top  Print 

Re: Stewart
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
I guess I will find out about the firewall pad. The one I ordered from QuietRide a month ago arrives tomorrow through FedEx. I'll post something later. Also arriving tomorrow is wireharness from Painless.

Mike Dulinski is digging up the part that I posted about a couple nights ago.

I have another question. I am also looking for a NEW rubber boot for the accelerator pedal. Our favorite parts house wants $40 for one. I can get one for a VW that only cost $3. What would you do?

Attach file:

jpg  BOOT.jpg (16.31 KB)
5209_606a4ed23fe4a.jpg 540X540 px

Posted on: 2021/4/4 18:55
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As I recall the Packard item has a wide flat flange that inserts thru the carpet grommet and fits under the carpet to hold the bellows in place. No idea if the VW item has something like that. If it does, and the other dimension work then the bellows is so well hidden that for $3 I doubt anyone could tell the difference. If the size is considerably different or there is no way to adequately retain the piece to the floor another option is to get the dimensions from Steele's site and see if you can find something at this place that might be a better fit.

Metro Molded products also has a bellows but it may be too small on the large end to stay in the carpet grommet.https://metrommp.com/vehicle-specific-bl-7/

Posted on: 2021/4/4 19:13
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
The boot that Stewart posted a pic of in Post #726 looks exactly like a master cylinder boot....but there is nothing in the pic to gauge size off of, so may not be the same size.

Posted on: 2021/4/4 21:17
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
I received the wire harness tonight. This is the same Painless harness mentioned in several other Packard post over the years.

I would have loved to have got one made from original specs but $1400 or $260. I'm just cheap.

This isn't going to hurt at all...right.

Attach file:

jpg  harness.jpg (44.35 KB)
5209_606b986e55c4c.jpg 666X375 px

Posted on: 2021/4/5 18:10
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
The firewall pad from QuietRide also showed up today. I’m not happy.
Their online catalog shows one for AC cars and one for non-AC cars but when you go to make a purchase it only offers you one pad. That pad “appears” to have “pop-out” sections for AC cars so it can be used for both.

I should have called them but I have a feeling I would have got the wrong answer anyway. The pad I received was for an AC car and is missing at least one rather large opening for the right side vent. Nothing “pops-out” and I have to cut the insulation myself.

So tell me, how screwed am I? Can this be made usable for my 400?
You should know by now that I am not a perfectionist. I don’t mind small extra holes. I could cut that larger one myself. Will it work other than that?

Attach file:

jpg  wrongpad1.jpg (25.75 KB)
5209_606b9f4e83705.jpg 666X375 px

jpg  wrongpad2.jpg (34.71 KB)
5209_606b9f5aeb6e3.jpg 666X375 px

Posted on: 2021/4/5 18:38
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If the pad has a popout square and sort of funny or oblong popout rectangle on the left side then it is the AC pad. The right side air vent is blocked off when the factory AC evaporator case is in the car. The other major difference will be in the heater thermostatic valve area. On non AC cars the valve body is horizontal but on the AC cars there is a different valve with the body mounted at about a 45 degree angle. The changed angle necessitates relocated mounting screw holes in the pad so in addition to the vent opening you may also need to add a couple of new mounting holes for the regular valve.

On the brake pedal is there by chance a sort of square popout opening for the pedal bracket in addition to the slots? If not that will also need to be added so you can mount the 55 pedal bracket in the correct location.

Posted on: 2021/4/5 19:01
Howard
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 70 71 72 (73) 74 75 76 ... 145 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved