Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Another HEI Application
Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
"I'm glad to hear that Pertronix and multi spark units work together."

There was, initially, some confusion about that. The sales rep that I talked to on the phone said that it wouldn't. When they told me that I could return the unit if it didn't work with my application, I got it and tried it anyway. I figured that it would work - and it did. I did, actually, have to send the first unit back. Worked fine until the first time that I washed the car. Evidently the robot that inserts the sealer goo at both ends had malfunctioned on one production run. They replaced the unit, free of charge and with no additional shipping charges however, and this one has been working flawlessly through car washes and the almost one complete month of rain that we've had here to date. Jacobs advertises that their unit will work immersed in water. When I got the second one, I hooked it up, filled a plastic mop pail and tried that (it comes with plenty of extra wire) before mounting it to the car. It worked.

Posted on: 2008/7/3 10:58
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved