Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard MPG
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
The big expense is having the leather massaged with Oil of Olay by topless bikini models.

You should hire Turbopackman to supervise that particular operation and make sure you're getting what you paid for - LOL!

Posted on: 2008/7/6 9:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Well, my father's recollection of the Exec, which he purchased new, was as much as 20MPG on an interstate trip, but he once lent the car to my late uncle for same, who claimed 21MPG.

I'd never execpt to get that on a stock Packard now, due to wear and tear - unless you can come up with an NOS carb and distributor on a properly rebuilt engine.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 9:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
We must remember when comparing gas mileage data from yesteryear with that we obtain today that ethanol containing gasoline will give about 10% lesser mileage than the good old stuff. I'm fairly light-footed on the accelerator; my 56 Caribbean with dual 4 bbls gets about 14.5 to 15 in highway driving at about 55-65 mph (3.54 rear axle). My 1934 Eight (4.69 rear axle) gets about 10 mpg, pretty much regardless of whether it's local or highway driving.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 10:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Quote:

The big expense is having the leather massaged with Oil of Olay by topless bikini models.

You should hire Turbopackman to supervise that particular operation and make sure you're getting what you paid for - LOL!

That is a service that I will offer for FREE...!

Posted on: 2008/7/6 14:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
"my 56 Caribbean with dual 4 bbls gets about 14.5 to 15 in highway driving at about 55-65 mph (3.54 rear axle)"

Thanks. This is what I was looking for and corresponds to approximately what I was getting with the '55 Pat (with, of course one 4bbl and less cubic inches) BEFORE Governor Crist decided that we should ALL burn 10% ethanol. My last highway trip was on the FL Turnpike after the reformulation and I averaged 12.7 mpg. Around town usage dropped to a rather startling 8.2 mpg running the A/C.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 14:54
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved