Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 233

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Water distribution tube removal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Good story, HH. But to me who was never that handy with a soldering iron, I think it would have been easier to remove the radiator and probably wouldn't have taken much additional time.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 17:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
will the water distribution tube slip through the grill if I pull the radiator and take off the water pump?Or does the grill need to come off ,I snuck a water distribution tube out of a l head 6 cylinder 50 desoto through the "waterfall" grill once which would have been a big effort to remove all of the little parts and have it go back together again

Posted on: 2013/4/7 0:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I was able to remove mine from a 54 Clipper without damage. It is tight, but will slide out and back in without damage.

Posted on: 2013/4/7 7:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
The "Gus" stories are worth a read, both for amusement and for good information.

Posted on: 12/17 11:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

TxGoat wrote:
The "Gus" stories are worth a read, both for amusement and for good information.

I agree. Have read them all several times. Here is the Gus story that was mentioned for the distribution tube cut and solder situation.

Posted on: 12/17 11:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary49eight
See User information
My 49 had been off the road since 1969, I got it in 09 and took the engine apart for a rebuild. I didn't find any distribution tube, just lots of rust flakes in the block. So it must be that the factory did use sheet steel tubes.
The strange thing is I can't remember installing a tube when I assembled the engine. It doesn't overheat, so I must have.
Gary

Posted on: 12/19 8:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved