Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 149

William Grosz, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: A relaxing Day Driving a Packard in Southeastern Arizona
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Kevin AZ Quote:
Just an FYI.........90's have arrived. Stay north until fall.

Yup! In the great SouthWest USA, it just went from Winter to Summer without much of a Spring. 88F in Pahrump, NV tomorrow. The European tourists wanting to go to Death Valley and experience 120F will be out in force soon, stopping in Pahrump for a quick refresher at the local supermarket before experiencing same.

OTOH, it's great Packard driving weather. Kevin & I agree that one must allow at least 1/2 hour extra per planned stop in order to talk to the interested folks who walk up to your Packard and want to know all about it. It happened to me again today at Walmart.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/3/15 5:01
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

Kevin AZ wrote:
Dave,
Just an FYI.........90's have arrived. Stay north until fall.

Kevin, I don't plan on coming to Arizona until possibly next fall. FYI the thermometer read -5F two mornings ago so quite a difference from what you are experiencing. This is shaping to be a long winter! Dave

Posted on: 2013/3/15 11:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
What a terrific post! Thanks so much for sharing these photographs. I am so happy when you guys post pictures of your cars. It always adds to my enthusiasm and to the excitement and exhiliration to this hobby.
thanks for sharing and driving your car. i too believe these cars should be driven and enjoyed.
I still have a long way to go. Posts like yours keep us all motivated.!!

Posted on: 2013/3/15 21:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I particularly enjoyed the photos of the Packard with the Greyhound bus. My many years of association with the later has allowed me to spend money on the former! On a trip to the Oceanside MD terminal years ago, I spotted a converted Scenicruiser that someone had restored on the exterior but converted to a very nice RV inside. A nice recycling job.

Back when I lived in Dallas, I had arranged a tour of some of the restored Greyhound buses for Packards North Texas. The first ever Greyhound bus was there - a 1914 Hupmobile, an open touring car that was used for hauling miners to the iron mines in upper Minnesota.

Mike - thanks for the heads up!

Posted on: 2013/3/15 21:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I just wanted to thank everyone that commented or 'chimed- in' on this thread.

Let the Ride Decide, Rocky46, Craig, Randy Berger, Tom (Pack31), MIDan, Clipper 47, Patgreen. Tim 49 and David Grubbs.

I'm glad that so many others found enjoyment through my special Packard experience of that day. My 400's restoration process and now actually driving her is/was something that remains very special to me.

This site, created by BigKev, is by far the most superior electronic avenue to bring so many from so afar 'together'. I also appreciate the people that daily check the threads and keep things running smoothly behind the scenes. I hope others enjoy their Packards as much as I enjoy mine.

Hopefully I can meet more of you all in Laughlin, Nevada for the 2013 Packardinfo meet.

Take care and drive safely.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 12:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Ah............the weather is slowing changing here. Cooler temperatures in southeast Arizona are knocking at our door again. Thus, yours truly gets to spend time with his fine 'mistress'. I had to settle for only looking upon her from afar for several months during the intense heat of the summer. But today we got reacquainted. I took her out for spin this morning and she was grand! I enjoy driving my Packard.

Attach file:

jpg  (158.41 KB)
20_523f56e775d91.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/9/22 15:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Kevin:

I lived in Arizona for almost 20 years and drove several thousand miles throughout that state. I do not think there is a more beautiful state to drive in.

A couple of weeks ago, I participated in the Henry Joy Tour in eastern Maryland. The weather was fantastic and the Bumblebee drove like a dream. It was especially nice when I was doing 65 mph to 70 mph on I-495 (the Beltway) around Washington, DC, keeping up with the traffic.

Every day that I own this lovely car I just like it better.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/9/22 17:27
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
What a glorious day in southeastern Arizona; 72 degrees with 8% humidity. If our weather remained year-round like it was today, I'm certain our population would swell exponentially. After a morning filled with yard work, I rewarded myself with a 35 mile drive through the foothill areas of the Santa Catalina mountains. My 400 treats me so well. She purrs and drives so effortlessly, the torsion level is dreamy and I always get people that honk and wave. Drive those Packards when possible friends.

Attach file:

jpg  (144.60 KB)
20_5326393c2cbc4.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (84.85 KB)
20_5326395263616.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Excellent post, that's what it's all about, just getting out and driving. I like driving this time of year.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 15:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I find it fascinating that you tour alone and find it so fulfilling. I like to go with an old friend or two that appreciate the ride. That way there is someone else to walk in the event of trouble.....

My wife is awfully good sport about touring, but it just isn't the same with her.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 19:00
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved