Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 120

TxGoat, Nevada56Hudson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Family Photo - Help me ID!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hello all.

You're looking at a photo of my great grandfather, great grandmother, and grandfather that I just viewed for the first time this past weekend. My family on my Dad's side owned a couple mid-to-late 30's era Packards: this is the only photo I've yet found of one of them.

I need help ID'ing what year/model my great grandad's Packard is.

Thanks everyone!

Attach file:

jpg  (81.92 KB)
2024_5148188963f6a.jpg 1016X686 px

Posted on: 2013/3/19 2:49
 Top  Print   

Re: Family Photo - Help me ID!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
I believe it's a1937 120 1092 Touring Sedan. By the straight door handles early in the production for the year.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 3:06
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Pretty cool shades for that era

Posted on: 2013/3/19 7:17
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks for the advice! Yep, great grandad is wearing some pretty cool-man shades for the era. Not exactly Ray Bans but still. Kinda funny: in most of the pictures of him I've seen, he was very formally attired in a suit, coat, fedora, scarf, the typical garb of a well-to-do 1940's east coast business man. And he had the big gut to prove it. This set of photos I researched last weekend showed him at the beach, yukking it up, having a blast, shirtless, in these shades. Funny how you get to see different sides of people in different settings. This Packard photo definitely shows his 'cooler' side. Thrilled when I found it.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 12:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved