Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Dedicated Grievance/Complaint Thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Since a lot of this seems to be going on in other threads, and mucking up other threads, I thought it should have it's own thread. Flame away people!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2008/7/4 15:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Good one Eric! Maybe it will resonate with some of our resident curmugeons and this forum won't be ruined like the others.

Posted on: 2008/7/4 15:10
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If you have something to complain about, or want to air a grievance please keep it in this thread and do not hijack someones thread for that purpose.

While I dont mind spirited debate, please show a little respect for one another even in this thread. If you have a personel vendetta with someone else, then take it private as I am sure the rest of us dont really want to get involved in that personel drama.

No one wants to see their thread, of the current line of conversation get hijacked so one poster can take a jab at another poster.

Most of you know that I am usually pretty tolerant, and prefer to let things play themselves out, and they usually do. But I am not going to allow people to use this forum or website for their online brawl.

There are ways to make your point and air your grievances in a respectful way and all I ask is that you try to conduct yourselves in that manner.

Thanks. (taking the proctor hat back off)

Posted on: 2008/7/5 0:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Dedicated Grievance/Complaint Thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I will only say this. I have never started a flame throwing contest on any board that I have been on regardless of what anyone might surmise. However I do not shy away from one as many of you well know. When attacked I respond. I would prefer not to but I take no crap from anyone. If any wants to debate an issue I will chime in as respectfully as is given to me.

Al Kahl

Posted on: 2008/7/5 5:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Clipper47 -

You wrote:

Quote:
Maybe it will resonate with some of our resident curmugeons and this forum won't be ruined like the others.

Care to elaborate on who you are referring to as a "resident curmudgeon" and what other forums were ruined?

Several enquiring minds wanna know.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 8:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Great... Now if there was just a way to permanently mark this thread in a way to keep it out of my unread list of threads it would be perfect. It would just cease to exist for me.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 9:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Brian, curmugeon: An ill-tempered (and frequently old) person full of stubborn ideas or opinions.
I include myself as a "curmugeon" being old (64) ill tempered at times (watch me trying to remove a rusty bolt) and opinionated (ask me about Canadian foreign policy) so there is at least one "resident curmugeon" on this forum. Am I alone?
In the interests of brevity and without citing specific examples of inconsiderate and rude behaviour the forums I am referring to are specifically the AACA Packard Forum and Classiccar.com (AL quote on the Des Moines thread "Shireman and I have long bitter history both in the old classiccar.com and AACA misc chat.". On this forum we have just witnessed the "Packard Nat'l Meet in Des Moines" thread hijacked and where there has been name calling and even veiled threats of physical violence. I hope this explains my posting to your inquiring minds satisfaction.
BTW I spent some 30 odd years in law enforcement so I am not easily offended by name calling but do appreciate people being civil to one another.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 9:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I have no problem with a thread like this, but I would like to see an "Ignore This Member" button to build an "Ignore List". I made good use of a list like at another forum - with more than a couple entries.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 9:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Well, Dave, the AACA's Packard DF is still in operation (for the moment), but - IMHO - populated mainly by the most loyal AACA members after so many of us left due to excessive moderation and meddling with the Forum direction (including the little housekeeping stunt when Eric asked for his account to be deleted). While I've seen a few newcomers in the old DF, it looks like several of them have found there way here.

The former "Packard Live Chat" at the old Classiccar.com is no more only because the entire site went belly-up when the dot-com bubble burst. ClassicCar.com was ultimately reborn, but with a message board format - followed, eventually, by a new chat format - that some of the old regulars still use, though others had moved on.

The biggest single problem at the old CC Live Chat was ol' PFHartmann who was banned repeatedly - just as he was, and continues to be, at the AACA.

As such, I don't think it was Al and John's history that ruined anything.

I don't believe anyone can ever keep the peace at all times (no matter how much "authority" they're given). However, the impression of a physical confrontation brewing in the other thread compelled me to step in there. Good to know that someone else saw that.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 9:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

BH wrote:

The biggest single problem at the old CC Live Chat was ol' PFHartmann who was banned repeatedly - just as he was, and continues to be, at the AACA.

As such, I don't think it was Al and John's history that ruined anything.

Brian. It is a matter of opinion as to what ruins a forum. I am sure that many people enjoy the banter and high emotions of a forum where personal attacks and foul language are permitted but I for one do not and it is my hope that those who do will either move along or hold their tongues and behave like gentlemen on this forum. This is by far the best Packard forum ever and I applaud Kevin and others, like you, who have done so much to make it what it is. I would really hate to see it become a venue for vitriol about past history on other forums or the PAC etc.but this is not my site so it is just a persoanl opinion. Let's just let sleeping dogs lie, keep our negative thoughts to ourselves, be civil to one another, and just talk Packards.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 10:22
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved