Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: PS Pulley as drive for AC Compressor?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I believe that balancer has a 28oz inbalance. I think Eric was reffering to one with a Zero inbalance.

Posted on: 2008/8/15 14:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On Eric's post #16 he has provided links to his recommendations.

Try Summit Balancer in first line and Ford 3 groove pulley in second.

The specs at first glance appear about same with same removable weights but damper is a different part number and has some differences so I would ask him if it would work. Pulley selection appears to be a slightly larger 2 groove version of his recommendation so if a single belt AC is all you're needing and bolt patterns match, would think it would work.

What kind of compressor are you using? I've been looking for a single narrow groove Sanden but none of AC places seem to carry anything single except wide belt. Couple of them said not made any more and to machine off extra groove. Sounds a bit extreme but does anyone have better info?

Posted on: 2008/8/15 14:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Don't use the first balancer in your link, as it's 28oz imbalance, and will tear your engine apart. You need a balancer that's for an internally balanced engine, like the one I posted in post #16.

Posted on: 2008/8/15 18:12
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved