Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 215

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

hood prop
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a different number so was wondering if anyone knows the change between the 21 and 22-23 series hood props. Will the repro 48-50 props MotorCity offers fit and work properly on a 47?

Posted on: 2013/5/1 10:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: hood prop
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, I bought a 22nd-23rd series hood prop for my Custom Clipper so as to have two props, one for each side. The 22-23 prop is slightly bent, where the 21 prop is straight, but it will work.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/5/1 10:12
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
JW is correct. The 48-50 has a slight bend to it. It can be used on 41-7 Clippers but If you are into judging you may want to search out an original 41-47. A good place to search will be the huge Packard only swap meet in June at the national Packard Club meet in Pontiac, MI. You can also see one of the clubs reproductions there and compare it to one of the 1941-47 that is attending.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The shape doesn't bother me too much as long as it works. The car will never be close to a judge -- if it ever leaves the backyard even -- while I have it.

I was just wondering the difference and if the repros would work so I could add a second one. Now that I know they will, I'll take the easy way out and get a pair of your regions new repros rather than trying to derust and refinish the one I have.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 12:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I thought there was a Packard tool that was used when the hood prop was on the other side. It had a slot to go over the bolt and was removed when finished.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 13:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved