Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 223

R H, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Ficken Wiper Service
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Another report on the fine work by Ficken Wiper Service. I was reasonably pleased with the vacuum wipers on the 56 Carib; under normal driving they were fine and even under modest acceleration barely slowed down. And on the short arc they were VERY fast. But under heavier acceleration, probably at or near the point of opening both 4-bbls,they did slow down a lot, nearly stopping. Not that you can maintain that amount of throttle for long but I was hoping for some improvement in that circumstance. I sent the motor to Ficken and reinstalled it today. Viola!, what a difference - now even with both 4-bbls wide they keep moving quite quickly. Nice work by Ficken and at a reasonable price.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 15:58
 Top  Print   

Re: Ficken Wiper Service
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
thanks so much for this post. another item on my to do list.it is good to get advice on where to have work done. and where i live, hilo, hawaii > you need good wipers because it rains here ALLLLLL the time.
thanks

Posted on: 2013/5/19 14:48
 Top  Print   

Re: Ficken Wiper Service
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Rob does good work.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 16:32
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved