Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Seat - Replacements/Retrofits
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

markinroseburg
See User information
Hey guys (and gals)

Considering replacing the seats in my Packard with something else - maybe newer, power, more comfortable. (I realize that is is sacrilege to some, and I won't do anything that can't be undone - however girlfriend wants to see some progress and not a lot of $$$ going into this project - yet :))

Anyone used something update without a lot of fuss? I like Caddy seats or Lincoln seats if I can find some that aren't embossed with the logos.

My car is a 51 Patrician with virtually no interior left. I have the original seats, but I don't think seat covers is gonna do anything at this point. Can get some sedan seats at a local yard for $100. Maybe Crown Vic or Marquis? Any thoughts?

(no, I won't toss the old seats, no I won't sell 'em, lol)

Posted on: 2013/6/29 0:31
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard Seat - Replacements/Retrofits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Easy: seats out of a Suburban SUV.

In my case for my Panther Project, I bought new, upgraded ones that were 3-way buckets and their own seat frame.

In any case, the sitting height above the floor is the same.

How did I know in advance? I went around the local supermarket parking lot when I lived in Las Vegas asking various owners if I could measure their seats. One woman with a small child must have thought that I was some kind of weirdo/molester and she took off immediately like a bat out of he!!. LOL

Craig

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/6/29 1:18
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Craig,

Those are not car seats. They are Lazy-Boy recliners intended for a living room! They are designed to make the user fall asleep soon after placing one's backside into it. They are dangerous and I need a set.

But seriously, what year GM product did those originate from? They do not look like the recliners, I mean seats, from my bride's 2004 Suburban.

Posted on: 2013/6/29 10:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
KevinAZ Quote:
But seriously, what year GM product did those originate from? They do not look like the recliners, I mean seats, from my bride's 2004 Suburban.

My notes and my website says "mid-90s Chevy Suburban". They are truck seats, not car seats in order to get the correct seat height above the floor.

Also, they are not duplicates of the original stock seats, but rather upgrades for those who want something "better". However, the original-type seats should fit a 1951-56 Packard just fine, although you may have to make your own seat frame mounting bracket.

Frame that came with the aftermarket seats:
Resized Image

Craig

Posted on: 2013/6/29 11:11
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved