Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 8
Guests: 133

Ozstatman, Packard Don, humanpotatohybrid, 37Blanche, DavidM, Don B, packardbill, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

A blast from the past
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
"The Smiling Irishman" at Pico Blvd and Western in Los Angeles, circa 1953. $50 cars!

Attach file:

jpg  (84.65 KB)
1_5202acf94e38d.jpg 933X629 px

Posted on: 2013/8/7 15:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: A blast from the past
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
OMG.

Is there a time transport portal in one of the pixels in that photo.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 16:34
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I'll take the Hudson Hornet Hollywood Hardtop--and the Frazer Manhattan. Please.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 17:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Some early used cars I owned from my young years in the late 50s. Listed are the approximate price I paid and the seller:
1948 Studebaker Champion 4-door sedan $125 (used car lot)
1952 Morris Minor convertible $350 (private party)
1948 Dodge 4-door sedan $125 (friend)
1949 Renault 4CV $150 (used car lot)

But since I wasn't satisfied with these "ordinary" cars I saved all my money over the summer and bought something really special:
1949 Alfa Romeo 6C2500SS Farina convertible $500 (importer of exotic Italian cars)

All these cars were functional and complete used cars that were used as daily drivers when I went to school and worked in a grocery store.

On the negative side I made the union scale $1.50 an hour.
Prices are all relative to the value of the dollar.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 9:23
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom Still
See User information
My father, his friend and I walked the back line of numerous lots, probably that one also. They would offer $100.00 up to $300.00 for the 5 or 6 lost and unwanted tradeins taking up valuable space. These would be repaired, detailed and sold for around $100.00 ea. My high school friends would come over and we'd race them around my back yard. Those were the days of Dick Lane's Destruction Derby and Lew's Garage, $69.95 most 6's, $89.95 most 8's. In honor of my 53 Henny Jr, I am acknowledging the bus bench.
PS
I still have the 16" hubcaps from the 38 Cad dad gave me for my 13th birthday Oct. 1958.
Fun memories, Tom

Posted on: 2013/8/8 11:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
My first car that I purchased (via my dad) from the back row at a used car lot in the San Fernando Valley was a 1952 Studebaker Commander. V8, Automatic, no dents or rust... $45.00. I was 15 at the time. I remember Dick Lane and the Destruction Derby on TV very well. I'm 1 month older than you. Fun memories indeed.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 14:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved