Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

Packard Don, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Re: Sorry guys, this is gonna pi$$ you off!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

JimGnitecki
See User information
Old Gold: Are you still kicking aorund those ideas for a new rear bumper for me?

I really hate to put the stock one back on, given its poor quality chrome finish, plus I really like the "cleanness" of the car's appearance without it . . .

Jim G

Posted on: 2008/8/3 8:50
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

pandamarie
See User information
I like it. trying to talk a guy into trading me his chop top 48 custom super 8 for my 36 3 window, wife is not to happy about the idea.

Posted on: 2008/9/5 17:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Wow! All I can say is that if Packard had built them like you are building yours, they would still be at the top of prestige ownership list. I am in the middle of a Packard modification project as well. My project is a 1950 Super Deluxe sedan that was buried up to the windows in a creek bed. So far I have shaved all the chrome, handles,removed the vent windows, and chopped the top 3 inches. It has a Pontiac front sub frame with a super duty 455 engine. It is tubbed and has a 9 inch Ford rear end. It is being disassembled now for paint. The local Packard guys really blasted me and my reply was if they wanted to give me what I paid for the car, then they could do what ever they wanted to with it. I had no takers. Best of luck with your project. Like the others keep the pictures coming.

Posted on: 2008/9/23 14:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Packardtaximan said: <i><b>Pontiac front sub frame with a super duty 455 engine</i></b>

What kind of front sub frame? Gen-2 Firebird?

A REAL 455 Super Duty???

BTW, I have an original 55 Pat with Packard V-8, but I am thinking seriously about transplanting a 455 Pontiac (non-SD) into a 56 400 I have that needs restoring.

Craig

Posted on: 2008/9/23 19:03
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Personally I would rather see a Packard rodded out, then sent to the crusher. As least it still a Packard in spirit, and it's back on the road, rather then being recycled into rebar.

I think were most people cringe is when a good original, or solid restorable one is cut up for the sake of being different.

With the price of scrap metal today, you are seeing more and more scrap dealers at junkyard auctions outbidding people. So the days of buying a project car or parts car for $500 or $1,000 is quickly closing as the price of scrap metal goes up.

Buy them now folks, and put them away while you can!!! You dont want that next box of nails you buy at Lowes to be made from that project/parts car that you "should have" bought!

Posted on: 2008/9/23 20:46
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I agree with Kevin, I have a '53 Clipper parts car that I was going to haul to the crusher, but the more I think about it I'd rather keep the hulk than see it go to the junkyard. There's too many cars from the '70s and '80s out there that they can crush before they get to something valuable like a '50s car.

Posted on: 2008/9/23 21:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
Hiya,
The price of scrap has dropped in New England.
It was around 9 cents a pound for light iron..now it's about 2 cents a pound as of 9/15/08.
We had a bunch of stuff to take to the scrap dealer and were suprised when we heard about the price drop.
I'd love to see these project cars when they're done.

Posted on: 2008/9/24 9:23
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
I have been gone for awhile being swamped at the restoration shop. I was getting caught up reading forums and came across this one. What I have found is that many in here are a bunch of hypocrites. I was reading this story about the guy who butchered this 4 dr into oblivion and you all praise his work and call it art. I resto-moded an orphan 53 Clipper and was chastised by you so called pro's. I restored the Clipper to look perfect and better than new and no one knows what is under the hood until you tell them. This car was invited to a Concourse De'elegance show in Lexington, KY.until the car head hunter checked out the up grades. That is how much our shop saved this certain smasher. I was told what we did was a simple swap and that I was a thief for ripping off our customer and was called a liar for saying car was mine when I had stated who the owner is on different forums here and on different web sites. You call old golds work interesting and artistic. I call it he is bored shit less and on crack. Funny how Packard 53, Turbo packman, and Clipper 47, acknowledge this genius's work of art. Go back to "how to modify your Packard for fame and money". And read what happened when I challenged a forum. You go girls and remember "Don't smash em Butcher em"

Posted on: 2008/9/27 17:44
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Perhaps in this case its the messenger and not the message.

Posted on: 2008/9/27 18:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Mr. Prince, the difference between you and and OldGold is that he kept the original engine and you FU#KED up a good car by putting a Chevrolet engine in it, plain and simple. Keeping the original engine makes all the difference in the world. That, and your attitude makes me think you're Peter Hartmann's brother.

A Packard without a Packard engine is not a Packard.

Posted on: 2008/9/27 21:05
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved