Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 227

moodydavid16, Steve, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Sorry guys, this is gonna pi$$ you off!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
TurboPackman wrote Quote:
Moral of the story is, an original car will be worth more to more people than a modified car. It takes a buyer interested in a modified car to want one, and they're few and far between.

Eric is correct. My friend Paul's 56 Exec would not be worth 1/2 to anybody else it as is to him (or to me for that matter), despite the fact that it is really an awesome car and a spectacular example of "what might have been" for Packard.

Also my 55 Pat is probably not worth as much to purists just BECAUSE it has disc brakes, dual MC, etc. Too bad for the purists; most likely they will miss driving a truly awesome road car amongst modern traffic without the fear of smacking some "rice rocket" in the a$$ on the freeway.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:08
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
HH-56 Wrote: "The answer is in another thread which I can't find right now but believe it was in Arizona without drivetrain and perhaps will never be finished. Hopefully the person who knows will see this thread before it disappears and answer with details again."

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4137&forum=12&post_id=44186#forumpost44186

Post 16

Posted on: 2010/2/5 23:42
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
Has there been any more information on this car? Seems a shame that it's just a non-running shell in AZ, that fellow did a good job and it'd be nice to see it done up.

Posted on: 2010/2/12 23:59
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

StraightEights&Aces
See User information
Here's another Packard Old Gold chopped and turned into a 2 door. This one is my car it still has the straight 8 and ultramatic trans. I'm still smoothing it out and I plan on keeping it and finishing it up over time.

Attach file:

jpg  (110.21 KB)
1803_4bb6d080132d6.jpg 1274X730 px

jpg  (159.43 KB)
1803_4bb6d09a1b6b6.jpg 1260X841 px

jpg  (122.88 KB)
1803_4bb6d0b5af9b9.jpg 1260X776 px

Posted on: 2010/4/3 0:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
John wrote: "Has there been any more information on this car? Seems a shame that it's just a non-running shell in AZ, that fellow did a good job and it'd be nice to see it done up."

John, coincidently I ran into the current owner of the car last Saturday night. He reports that it now has a V-8 and automatic transplanted. He is attempting to get glass cut down and installed. Sounds like this car will live to see another day. I am glad, it's neat!

Jim

Posted on: 2010/4/3 1:56
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
I'm delighted to hear this as I and many others (I imagine) were concerned it may have been scrapped. He does good work - car almost looks like a factory job (had they made one).

Now to get the interior to look as nice as the rest and it's Happy Cruising!!!

Posted on: 2010/4/3 5:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
Any update on this car?

Posted on: 2012/12/17 21:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I've not seen the one that was in AZ since last posted. Too bad, it was really neat!

Posted on: 2012/12/18 0:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information

Posted on: 2012/12/18 0:51
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved