Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 438 439 440 (441) 442 443 444 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Nice job on the 3rd row windows delete Don, I hadn't even noticed it from the outside!

Yeah looks like someone tore it apart for a rebuild, then... just didn't do anything (besides paint). As Ross likes to say, it certainly has been restored... stored and then re-stored.

Maybe Don would know but I would venture that the guy selling isn't even the same as who Don sold it to, as I don't know how one can lose/break the entire set of windows on a car. Presumably were taken off for the car to be painted but then not included with the sale?

Posted on: 2022/6/4 9:32
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
All glass and rubber was new when I owned it but it had sat outside for a couple years after the body work, then in my garage for over 30 years so deteriorated quite a bit. Apparently much of the glass is included but, as it's all flat, that is no problem one way or the other. This car had about 55k miles on it when I owned it.

As for who owns it now, it was apparently just purchased by the current owner from an upholstery shop owned by the previous owner after that person died. Apparently it had been reupholstered (non-stock), then moved outside without windows for reasons unknown. The current owners know little about it other than what I've told him.

Yes, the Club Sedan conversion was done professionally and, in fact, is the same as I’ve seen on factory Club Sedans where the window openings were still there but blanked over and below is a factory 120 Club Sedan photo. This 110 did not get the plate added but probably should! Unless I sold them with the car, I may still have the quarter windows from it too and I know I have the engine that matches the title!

Here’s a photo taken in Bellevue, WA when it was an everyday driver (I was a teenager then). The running board trim was from a late ‘40s or early ‘50s Hudson!

This was the only time I had ever put chains on it and I believe I still have those too along with a couple other bits that failed to go with it when it was sold!

This was a later 1940 model with the flattened bumper ends rather than the squished ends of the earlier models but it has an early trunk lid from a parts car, the difference being in the decorative emblem used and the location of the holes for mounting it. The tall grille guard was from my 1939 Six.

Attach file:

jpeg  C61310E5-DB92-4A58-8C6D-D367EEF69CCA.jpeg (196.47 KB)
60923_629b8cf92a570.jpeg 1280X1280 px

jpeg  94D1B29E-F1E5-4FB1-BB01-CB3D55755D2D.jpeg (35.92 KB)
60923_62a25a6cb6d7b.jpeg 640X424 px

Posted on: 2022/6/4 11:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Nice '55 Patrician in PA:

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1955-packard-patrician/7492217150.html

1938 Six Sedan: Rough but appears complete. Lynchburg, VA area:

https://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/king-george-1938-packard/7489683818.html

1939 120 Convertible Coupe. Was "updated" by a former owner with a 1940 front end clip. Car has more things wrong with it than I can count and is probably way overpriced, but it is a Packard convertible with dual side mounts.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/mission-hills-1939-packard-120/7485425927.html

Posted on: 2022/6/4 11:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I hope that someone here buys my former 1940 110 Club Sedan which I owned from 1966 or so to 2007! Otherwise I might be tempted and I am too old with too many other projects already to do it justice which is why I sold it in the first place.

I just remembered that it is still listed in the Sold section of my Packard / IMPERIAL page's Classified Ads! Lots of details that I had forgotten about.

Posted on: 2022/6/4 17:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Don't tempt me Don, I need to get my current car running first! As a side note, if you do end up buying it back, I could stop in for a visit while you're in the area.

I actually took a look at the 55 Patrician in PA since it was only 10 minutes from my house. When I got to his car barn, I was surprised to see five Packards there**, and FOUR of them were pink! After talking with the gentleman, he told me that the one for sale and the only non-pink one were his; the other three belonged to his friend. The car looks alright, the paint job looks fine across the room or from another car, but standing next to it there's some obvious overspray and bubbling. It had a flat tire and the battery was too dead to crank it over, but the seller insisted it runs and drives great, as do all of the Packards there; they just don't get driven that often.
The seller told me that he kept the color the same as factory. However as many of us know, Rose Quartz was offered only on the Caribbeans in 1955, and a quick investigation of the data plate shows Paint MR and Trim 65: the original interior, but the original paint was Sardonyx. Pinkish, but much softer than it currently sports.

His other car that he's thinking of selling soon is a 1956 Clipper Deluxe in NM Paint (Gray Roof + White Body two-tone) and Trim 11. The interior is VERY clean, it looks and feels brand new (especially considering it has 99k miles), but the seller believes it's original. It has A/C, but I believe it not to be factory, just old. Says it runs and drives great, except for a minor transmission problem and also he doesn't think he has the title. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can pass you on to him. I will warn that I think he highballs a bit, but not to the extent of unreasonableness.
Click to see original Image in a new window

The pink car next to it is his friend's (NK/79); it has one of my favorite interiors which is Copper (69/79/89/169/179/189).

One that caught my eye is his friend's 1955 400 project that he's apparently trying to offload in the future, supposedly it runs and drives great but just needs put back together. I already know it's been repainted like the other, but the interior is original. It's a bit worn, but it seems to have been well kept out of the rain. 75k miles. The gentleman said that all the parts were there, and to the extent I looked at it I would not believe otherwise. Also looks like it has factory A/C. If my current car seems to be too much of a dud / money pit, I'm seriously considering picking up on this one, IF it's in the condition he advertised to me, and of course if the price is right, as I would be much farther along there than spending the same amount on improvements to my own car. I'm sticking with my current car for now, but it's something on my radar.

** Two 1955 400's, a 1956 Patrician, a 1955 Patrician, and a 1956 Clipper Deluxe.

Posted on: 2022/6/5 20:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Is the one RHD or was the photo somehow reversed?

As for factory A/C, two ways to tell without opening the hood are the outlets on top of the dash and the extra knob just to the left of the radio volume control. Under the hood, it would have the compressor on the left with the oil filter canister relocated to the right.

Posted on: 2022/6/5 22:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
My bad the photo is reversed. Took it in selfie mode (front facing camera) on my phone, and many phones reverse selfies so that the photo looks the same as looking in a mirror.

I forgot about the vents being on top of the dash for factory A/C and the extra knob. So neither of the two pictured have it from factory.

Posted on: 2022/6/6 4:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Also: I didn't realize earlier but the project 400 below is on the Vehicle Registry:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=574

Has a good amount of info which is nice.

Posted on: 2022/6/6 8:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Here's one you don't see every day: a 1937 Packard hearse with a Silver-Knightstown body! The site has page after page of Packards but I think it might be a brokerage that gleans the data from other sources.

Posted on: 2022/6/8 0:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
1925 "Eight". Solid project car but hasn't been driven in decades. $19,500
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5117184615005034/

1933 Packard 12 REPLICA, seller says it's custom-built. Very nice even if not authentic. $85k
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3206551199628554/
Video from when it was for sale 2 years ago:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j240I4SjJBI

A frankly delusional seller, proclaiming that their two parts cars "SHOULD BE IN A MUSEUM!!" and "Would make great Holiday Gifts!" while simultaneously asking almost $3k per car. Color me unsurprised that the post has been up for 28 weeks. That being said, they do look like good parts cars if anyone in KY feels like haggling the guy down. One is a '46-'48 and the other is a '49-'50.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4878342245550880/

Posted on: 2022/6/8 19:36
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 438 439 440 (441) 442 443 444 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved