Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 440 441 442 (443) 444 445 446 ... 499 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2022/6/11 19:14
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
19th century refining methods are not a fair comparison. Suppose you told those 19th century refiners they couldn't throw gasoline into the river and had to develop a non-polluting way to get rid of it. How much money would they be making then?

Sure prices are going up. The central bankers have been handing free money to the rich for a decades and that has destroyed currencies. When the swindlers on Wall Street get into trouble the central bankers step in and buy up all the junk by running the printing presses. They tell us they can't allow the rich to lose any money. If joe blow manipulated the securities market the same way he would be thrown into jail.

Besides that we have past peak oil. Known reserves are declining and I suspect some of this electric stuff is simple misdirection. What has been going on all these years is an assessment spiral. People buy gas guzzling planet killers that require bigger refining capacity. More sales of oil products means more profit, so let's build even bigger planet killers, and make even more money. Park your Packard limousine next to a modern pickup and it looks small. We had Edsel Ford's personal Bermuda wagon in the place and it looked tiny. And that's when they were calling cars like that bloated.

Things will get ugly and a lot of bubbles are going to burst.

Posted on: 2022/6/11 23:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
That's the third time I've seen someone post that "1939" convertible coupe on here.

I would imagine the seller is not getting as much interest as he desires. According to others on here there are some mismatched parts on it or something.

Posted on: 2022/6/12 7:02
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
For the litany of mismatched stuff, the price is the worst. Everything will sell if it's priced properly.

Posted on: 2022/6/12 9:16
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
In case anyone is considering parting with some hard earned cash, they played an interview with the FED on the radio this morning and he sounded like a guy with a premonition of his own death. Something about a crash.

I only spout off about this stuff because I don't want to see the little guy lose a lot of money. I have paid a high price for being financially conservative. It has cost me jobs because I wasn't in the same screwball mindset. I'm not going to say I believe in the easter bunny just to keep my job.

Posted on: 2022/6/12 10:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I'm one of the posters who has previously put up the 1939 120 Convertible Coupe located in the San Francisco Bay area. I'm currently looking for a 120 Convertible Coupe as I really want to trade up from my 1939 Six. But this car just has too many things wrong with it and is ridiculously overpriced for the condition. You can start with the tacked- on 1940 front end sheet metal and the terribly incorrect cheap vinyl interior. My car does have some obvious flaws, but this one makes it look great by comparison.

Here are a few new Craigslist posting that I'd like to put up for readers of this forum:

1939 Super 8 Sedan. Incomplete parts car consisting of the body shell, chassis and intact interior, including a banjo wheel, instrument panel with reasonably nice plastic and a deluxe radio. This car was part of the recent C. Lewis Ablelove collection auction and sold for $500. If someone buys this, please contact me. I may want the radio for my '39 Six.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/d/phelps-packard-1939-super/7495335640.html

1941 110 sedan. Looks like a really nice original car at a reasonable price. Huntsville, Al area:

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/d/huntsville-1941-packard/7491618882.html

1954 Convertible. Not a Caribbean but looks like a really nice car and price seems fair. I'm a prewar guy, but I do like the looks of this one. Sacramento, CA area.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/antelope-1954-packard/7495334841.html

1935 120 Sedan with dual side mounts. Looks like a nice restoration, but can anyone comment on why the side mount covers appear to be sitting up so high? You'll need to "know the way to San Jose" to see this car in person as that's where it is.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1935-packard-120/7483230378.html

1955 Caribbean. Looks like a really straight original car with a lot of potential. Does need work, especially the interior, but it is from sunny Southern CA and is clean and rust free, with nice paint and chrome. Question for readers. I thought that only the 1956 models had the reversible seat cushions, but this 1955 has them. Did someone swap out the interior with a '56? Call me Confused in Connecticut.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/antelope-1954-packard/7495334841.html

Hope you enjoy these postings and maybe I can drum up some interest for the sellers.

Posted on: 2022/6/12 11:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
The 35 120's carry the sidemounts very high like that

Posted on: 2022/6/12 12:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
FYI Packardsix, just letting you know your last link is the wrong link.

The 41 and 54 look like good buys. There's so many convertibles going for like $60k now that it's nice to see one a bit more moderately priced.

As a side note, I don't get why some posts are so lacking in pictures. You already know how to post on CL so why not just take more pictures to show off your car worth $30k+? Especially the 35 sedan, says it has new interior. Would be nice to be able to see literally any of it.

Posted on: 2022/6/12 13:00
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Sorry I posted the wrong link for the '55 Caribbean. Here is the correct link:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/san-carlos-1955-packard-caribbean/7485101504.html

Posted on: 2022/6/12 13:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information

Posted on: 2022/6/15 17:41
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 440 441 442 (443) 444 445 446 ... 499 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved