Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
175 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 175

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 444 445 446 (447) 448 449 450 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I never saw a 1954 long wheelbase car with Cavalier trim and the odd 1953 rear fender script on the trunk. Very interesting!

It also has factory A/C rear fender scoops but no dash controls. Where the controls should be on top of the steering column is what appears to be a shift lever sticking straight up. Over all a very odd and mixed up car.

Posted on: 2022/6/27 13:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Do we suppose that the factory built it like that...because they never expected to build one...or is this one that was 'restored' with what could be found at the time of the restoration? Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/6/27 16:14
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
After reading all the information (this frequently helps) I would bet that the after market builders just used trim that appealed to them. Cadillac engine, modern air conditioning...would make a great wedding car...a semi-classic that can be used in the summer in Scottsdale, Arizona. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/6/27 16:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Note to Packard Don...This old girl would look great parked in the front of The Arizona Inn...Ernie

Posted on: 2022/6/27 16:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
I never saw a 1954 long wheelbase car with Cavalier trim and the odd 1953 rear fender script on the trunk. Very interesting!

It also has factory A/C rear fender scoops but no dash controls. Where the controls should be on top of the steering column is what appears to be a shift lever sticking straight up. Over all a very odd and mixed up car.

In the description he says that the A/C is new, presumably about the same age as the cupholders screwed to the transmission tunnel

Click to see original Image in a new window

The seller said the body is stock; I mentioned that the body style didn't seem to match the VIN and he said only: "I have all the documentation on the car". Whatever that is supposed to mean.

Let us also ignore that the car is registered and for sale in Vermont, yet has an Arizona title from 14 years ago in a different name. Arizona titles must be notarized for transfer so someone will have a lot of fun with that!

Edit: I was going to write that maybe Ernie could track down the guy in Arizona, but with some basic detective work I found that he passed away in 2013.

Posted on: 2022/6/27 16:43
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, indeed it would! That would be a great setting for it with my chauffeur waiting while we have lunch.

Posted on: 2022/6/27 16:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
I don't think that brake pedal, or the linkage behind it, is from a BTV or a manual brake setup.

Posted on: 2022/6/27 16:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I noticed that too. This car has been severely butchered (in my opinion) and would take much to make it stock again.

Posted on: 2022/6/27 17:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
The description reads, “1954 Packard with custom built 472 Cadillac drive train Arizona car new air-cond very clean” (aka son of Frankenstein) . . . so I suspect you are looking at a lot of late model GM parts. The steering column looks like it might be a modern ‘tilt’ unit.

dp

Posted on: 2022/6/27 17:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I'd like it better without the JC Whitney hubcaps.

The VIN number is 5472. A seven passenger should be 5450. It doesn't look like a roach coach that was resurrected, but maybe it was and they used a decent Cavalier for the dashboard and trim parts.

I always thought those looked better than the Caddy limos.

Posted on: 2022/6/27 18:56
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

« 1 ... 444 445 446 (447) 448 449 450 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved