Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
57 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 54

Joe, Oldcaddies , kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: V8 Pistons
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Parts Wizard
See User information
Good news
Egge Machine now has the 352 and 374 V8 steel strutted pistons in stock in most sizes.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 16:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
what oversizes if any or just std?

Posted on: 2012/5/1 16:07
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Parts Wizard
See User information
On the 352 engine, standard, .020, .030, .040 and .060 in stock. On the 374 engine standard, .020, .030, and .040 in stock. The .060 can be machined in about 1 week.

Posted on: 2012/5/1 16:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Great news. Thanks for the update. Glad to standard sizes offered too.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 7:42
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
In 2008, when this thread began, I would have been all over this new production. In the intervening four years, I've had to stock up on forged and custom machined cast pistons.

Has anyone yet used these new Egge pistons? Wonder why it took them lo these many years to repop the originals? We should be hopeful for an improved product, because their pistons without the steel struts frankly weren't very good.

jack vines

Posted on: 2012/5/2 15:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Jack, you may recall that Kanters offered to have these steel strut pistons made for V8s some years ago, all they wanted was 10 people to express interest (you were one) but we came up 7 short. Though I've never had issues with cast Egge pistons in several types of Packard engines, I'm really glad to hear that there is a superior piston now available. I'm quickly approaching 100,000 miles on the 56 Carib and although there are no symptoms yet, I know an engine rebuild is probably in my future. I've already laid in most of the needed parts, but not pistons.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 16:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I used JE pistons, had them made. but don't think they have steel struts. size 4-3/16s ,,060..

i heard of the problems with egge,, but i have packard 12 pistons from egge,,so i don't know about them.. have not got to it yet.

trying to get my 56 running first.

rik

Posted on: 2012/5/2 21:55
Riki
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

SaveTheHash
See User information
Brand new on this forum and I just wanted to thank this thread for all of the input.
I believe I am going to take my 352" to a 4.125" bore and go from there with standard 374" pistons.

Posted on: 2012/5/13 12:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved