Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Independent Packards of Oregon to join PAC
Just popping in
Just popping in

OsgoodConklin
See User information
The former Packards International Oregon Region has voted 32 to 0 to ask to join PAC and form a new region. A Car Club not a lifestyle!

Posted on: 2013/10/5 10:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Independent Packards of Oregon
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Glad to see you all!

We all belong under one banner...at least from my perspective....

Posted on: 2013/10/5 12:45
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: Independent Packards of Oregon to join PAC
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

gunnison
See User information
They have shown remarkably good sense in this decision, and I applaud them for taking the initiative. The Oregon contingent are a fine group of dedicated Packard enthusiasts, and they will make a significant contribution to PAC. Congratulations!

Posted on: 2013/10/5 20:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Welcome, come on in! I'd second the notion we'd all be better off under one big tent. Whatever caused the great schism was ages ago and best forgotten.

Steve

Humm, seem to recall one schism was over leaven or unleaven bread.....

Posted on: 2013/10/6 7:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
As a member I never did get a ballot. I guess I wouldn't had made much difference. LOL

Posted on: 2013/10/7 2:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
As an owner of two Packard's, will somebody explain why this is a good deal for everybody/(me) and what I can expect from the change. I don't belong to any association or club....and only use this forum for all my needs. There is no sarcasm intended, I live in Vancouver, WA and would probably be part of any change happening. All I need is some enlightening. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/10/7 14:27
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
Cool my 55 400 is from La Grange Or and im in Spokane, glad to hear. I end up being the only Pacakard ata Car show up here..

Posted on: 2013/10/7 19:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Quote:
As an owner of two Packard's, will somebody explain why this is a good deal for everybody/(me) and what I can expect from the change. I don't belong to any association or club....and only use this forum for all my needs. There is no sarcasm intended, I live in Vancouver, WA and would probably be part of any change happening. All I need is some enlightening. Thanks.

Car collecting seems to have a significant sub culture of loners/non joiners. If you have that type of personality, I doubt if anything we say will sway you.

What I get out of it is new friends, Packard conversation, mechanical help, decision advice/help, tips and personal, hands-on involvement with others.

There are lot of nice, knowledgeable people here, which is wonderful. Participating in person is different, and for me better.

Do you watch sports? Would you prefer to see all the details on the tube, or do you fancy the experience at the park, with brats and beer and crazy fans. Belonging to a club is like going to the game. Good clubs do interesting things as a group. Tours, programs, visiting interesting and sometimes private collections, which is enjoyable and quite different from the online picture album....

Posted on: 2013/10/9 18:03
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

OsgoodConklin
See User information
I regret that as a member you did not receive a ballot. At the club meeting last night the actual count was 33 to zero to join PAC. Please note the following
1. Proposed change was discussed at several meetings.
2. More than one email was sent out by club president regarding the ballot.
3. Ballots were returned to an independent accounting firm for counting and 30 days were allowed for ballot return.
In conclusion every effort was made to allow input from every member. Again I am sorry you did not receive a ballot but so far as I know you are the only member to have experienced this difficulty.

PS Wanted to make sure you were aware of the pumpkin tour coming up.
Would enjoy having you on tour let Matt our club president know if you did not receive information.

Posted on: 2013/10/9 21:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Not sure how the club can claim 33 to 0 when one member didn't vote. At best case it would be one abstain.

I got the Pumpkin Tour invite. I have a conflict with the HCCA clubs so I won't be going most likely.

Posted on: 2013/10/16 20:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved