Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 79

54packpac, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Info
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I was back "home" OH this week, so I stopped by the museum(Warren). They were real helpful except the '50, they were supposed to have on show, was mothballed.
I picked up a book (2011) R.J.Neal, "Packard - 1948 to 1950"
ISBN 0-9647483-2-3. Not from restorers point of view but has lots of pictures and some good solid production info for 22 & 23 series and some behind the scenes. I didn't know the book existed - wonder what else is out there??? Only so much time...
I recently joined PAC so I haven't got all my info yet, but the museum told me there's these "roster" people that shepherd individual models. I got the contact info for my model and will pursue. Others probably know that but I'll bet some are like me and don't know.
ps:She told me the national meeting will be at the museum in July 2014. Something to shoot for but unlikely I'll be done.

Posted on: 2013/10/27 20:23
 Top  Print   

Re: Info
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
You must not have found this site's Packard Bookshelf feature (in the Main menu at right).

I jump-started that feature, bavk in 2008, with nearly a dozen titles from my own library. In keeping with the site, this was intended to be another user-driven feature, and I am pleased to advise that another 30 or so titles have been aded - including the very book you purchased was added (and its ISBN).

Although I initially included only Packard-only titles, I also added a few that touch on Packard, and most contributors have followed along those lines. Unfortunately, someone added a DVD, and the author entry for the AQ/Kimes' "Packard: A History..." has been altered to appease some nitpicker(s).

Posted on: 2013/10/27 22:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
museum told me there's these "roster" people that shepherd individual models

Click on "Roster Keepers" from the left menu bar on

http://www.packardclub.org

Posted on: 2013/10/27 23:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
One thing that needs fixing, is the timer that cuts you off when you're writing/editing a post. Lost another post...
Thanks. I'm eternally grateful for this site and you and others spending your time and sharing your info. Hope I help more than I annoy.
It's still a bit of an edisonian task, to find info that you need but don't know even if it exists. There's what you know, what you don't know, and what you don't know you don't know. That's difficult to search by keyword. I spend an enormous amount of time looking for basic stuff we used to get at the parts store because the guy behind the counter knew something...
The auto parts world has chosen to cut off at 1950 and this one is just slightly outside my personal experience base. Everything is by year/model and little dimensions, cross references, or other info you need to match up. The pictures don't match the parts, etc.

Posted on: 2013/10/28 12:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
One thing that needs fixing, is the timer that cuts you off when you're writing/editing a post. Lost another post...
Thanks...

The administrator installed a safety net. Due to operation conditions the timer cuts you off in the background but when you press the button "Submit" then the system informs you to add a second bite at the cherry.

1) keep cool
2) copy your text
3) log in
4) reopen the thread
5) insert your text ("paste")

<iframe width="500" height="375" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vnP34MS4pwo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2013/10/28 14:23
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bigmoparjeff
See User information
When I compose the longer posts for my resto blog, I type them up on Microsoft Word, then copy and paste them to the forum to avoid issues with the timer. If you don't have Microsoft Word, you can use your email program to do it.

Jeff

Posted on: 2013/10/28 22:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I need to exercise restraint and stop the rants. You read something, it stirs a response, and you act on it without thinking. These new "tools" took away the old way of thinking before acting. Jobs has the same legacy Ford has, neither invisioned what their inventions intrusion on the world would lead to when in the hands of the populace. Just visit any highway and watch the "phonies" try to drive.

Posted on: 2013/10/29 7:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved