Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 148

BigKev, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

What would you have if you didn't have a Packard?
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Just a lighthearted question, and the answer doesn't have to
make the least sense. The car you'd otherwise have doesn't
even have to be in the same idiom, class, or be of quality near Packard, though it might be. Some of us buy for
style and/or engineering. A certain look, reputation,
because we knew the background of a particular car. Various
and sundry reasons. Just be truthful.

For example, some of us might have another make vintage/classic luxe car. Or something entirely else.
In my case, after two Packards, I was on my way to an Austin-Healey 3000 when, long story short, i wound up with the '47 Super i've had since 1986.

So, what would you have if you didn't have your Packard?

Posted on: 2013/11/4 16:04
 Top  Print 

Re: What would you have if you didn't have a Packard?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Aside from various model Packards and a few Cads that are decent, one brand X I'd find a spot for in my garage would be a postwar Chrysler New Yorker. My grandmother had a 51 and it brings back memories of being a very nice and reliable car. The older round body Chrysler of the late 40's also could find a spot.

As a purely impractical pick because I wouldn't take a chance and own one (not quite dumb enough to buy cars with reputations for never passing a repair shop or helping their owners get their exercise) would be a big luxurious XJ series Jaguar of the mid 70s to mid 90s vintage. It would be considered only because I like the styling. Might work out though. Since I hardly ever drive my cars, admiring as a sculpture could work.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 16:52
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

markinroseburg
See User information
I have had several other makes over the years, mostly post-war Chrysler products. My first choice would be a 1957 Chrysler 300-C. Second would be a car from my childhood - a Lilac 1966 Chrysler 300 two door hardtop. Third would be any Imperial, say 1951 through 1966, with a special spot for a 1960 LeBaron

Posted on: 2013/11/4 17:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
56-57 Continental Mark II. Reason... well, just look at it!

Posted on: 2013/11/4 17:08
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A 56 Studebaker Golden Hawk - and I damn near bought one.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 17:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
1973 Firebird Trans Am SD-455 4-speed. Why? The last of that era's super muscle cars. Enough said.

FWIW, I actually bought new a 1974 Trans Am SD-455 4-speed and that car still exists, but it's an NHRA legal Super Stock car now and has been since 1976. I don't own it any more, but I know where it is. One can't drive it on the street now. IMO, the 1973 is a better looking car than the 1974, hence the reason in the 1st sentence.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/11/4 17:51
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
A 54 KAISER MANHATTAN,a very unique car. I would trade for one if the opportunity ever came around. Of course I would not pay extra over the value of my 54 Clipper.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 18:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Duesenburg and 37 cord convertibles. There is nothing above them and the cordt transcends time.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 18:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I know Cord's were way ahead of their time but still I think they're ugly monsters! But that's just my personal opinion.
I like the 30-35 Cadillacs. Matter of fact my wife has 1! As far as we know 1 of only 4 in existence! But the 30's bentleys are nice as well.
We have 37 convertible ford streetrod which fun to drive, but whenever i have a chance i trade it for a pre war Packard?

Posted on: 2013/11/4 19:13
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
Either a 1950 Hudson Commodore Six.. we had one when I was a kid in the 1950s OR a 1954 Kaiser Manhattan.. our neighbor had one.. what a sweet car.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 19:19
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved